Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which "Impossible Oddballs" are you searching for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
nosterbor said:
i take it all you player collectors have this 1998 oddball.WOW very impressive! i still need Juan.
juan_picture.jpg
i did a search for these and found this!
0 on Beckett
0 on COMC
0 on Sportslots
0 on EBAY
NONE! of any player.

jay1065

Aug 7, 2008
Lowell, MA
bungle77 said:
jay1065 said:
Here are my top 9 (in no specific order) wants for the Burks collection:

1988 Tetley Tea Discs #2

I might be able to find this - the shop I help out in on Saturdays just got a stack of Tetley discs in. I'll try and remember to look for you.

Thanks! What shop?

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
smapdi said:
This card is up there with A&G Woods and Superfractors and whatnot on my wantlist:
2008ToppsTB3.jpg

It's from some sort of package that was sold in Targets, I think, for about 2 seconds in 2008, possibly regionally. It was some sort of "Back to School" package that contained a few packs of base Topps and some of these unique cards. The photo is different from regular 2008 Topps. I only saw this one once back then and was either outbid, or it was a BIN, for about $15.

Just dug up some more info. The whole set is pretty cool. Put the Ichiro/Moose card on my list, too.

Some more info for you. Maybe write this guy and see if he'd sell you the Sizemore.

http://bdj610bbcblog.blogspot.com/2008/07/topps-helping-kids-get-ready-to-back-to.html

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
1997 Topps marble and CL card. Still kicking myself for not hitting the BIN on the CL when I had the chance.

1998 Pacific Online Winners

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
nosterbor said:
nosterbor said:
i take it all you player collectors have this 1998 oddball.WOW very impressive! i still need Juan.
juan_picture.jpg
0 on Beckett
0 on COMC
0 on Sportslots
0 on EBAY
NONE! of any player.

I don't think many player collectors have them at all. I look for the Grace all the time and never see these come up for sale. Two years ago, ebay seller "Americanchris" wrote me and said he sold a set of them once on ebay, and sent me the scan of the Grace. I never saw the Grace auction. But the scans you and I have look like they were from the same person.

sportzcubz.jpg

Here's the email he sent me:
"Brad
Here's a photo of the Sportzcubz card of Grace. Really tough!! I only saw it once, when I owned one. I sold it on eBay, but still keep the scans of the cards. Use it on the site. It's much better than the Alomar. I sell on eBay as Americanchris.

Thanks, Chris Takacs
Americanchris"

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Fandruw25 said:
1997 Topps marble and CL card. Still kicking myself for not hitting the BIN on the CL when I had the chance.

You and me both! Was it the one last year with the $150 BIN or BO? I sent a BO and the BIN got hit in the process!

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
smapdi said:
This card is up there with A&G Woods and Superfractors and whatnot on my wantlist:
2008ToppsTB3.jpg

It's from some sort of package that was sold in Targets, I think, for about 2 seconds in 2008, possibly regionally. It was some sort of "Back to School" package that contained a few packs of base Topps and some of these unique cards. The photo is different from regular 2008 Topps. I only saw this one once back then and was either outbid, or it was a BIN, for about $15.

Just dug up some more info. The whole set is pretty cool. Put the Ichiro/Moose card on my list, too.

This one?

ichiro_0001.jpg
ichiro-1.jpg

Goes along nice with this one...

albert_0001.jpg
albert.jpg

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
jay1065 said:
bungle77 said:
jay1065 said:
Here are my top 9 (in no specific order) wants for the Burks collection:

1988 Tetley Tea Discs #2

I might be able to find this - the shop I help out in on Saturdays just got a stack of Tetley discs in. I'll try and remember to look for you.

Thanks! What shop?

Chris' in Seabrook. I just put them behind the counter because I didn't have enough time to deal with them on Saturday, so I'll pull them back out this weekend.

If anyone else needs one of their player, let me know. There were discs from the first three series, but they weren't complete sets.

bdj610

Aug 7, 2008
Des Plaines, IL
gracecollector said:
smapdi said:
2008ToppsTB3.jpg

Some more info for you. Maybe write this guy and see if he'd sell you the Sizemore.

http://bdj610bbcblog.blogspot.com/2008/07/topps-helping-kids-get-ready-to-back-to.html

I'll have to look but I might still have an extra Sizemore card from the set. If I do, I'll post back in the evening.

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida
gracecollector said:
nosterbor said:
nosterbor said:
juan_picture.jpg
0 on Beckett
0 on COMC
0 on Sportslots
0 on EBAY
NONE! of any player.

I don't think many player collectors have them at all. I look for the Grace all the time and never see these come up for sale. Two years ago, ebay seller "Americanchris" wrote me and said he sold a set of them once on ebay, and sent me the scan of the Grace. I never saw the Grace auction. But the scans you and I have look like they were from the same person.

sportzcubz.jpg

"Brad
Here's a photo of the Sportzcubz card of Grace. Really tough!! I only saw it once, when I owned one. I sold it on eBay, but still keep the scans of the cards. Use it on the site. It's much better than the Alomar. I sell on eBay as Americanchris.

Thanks, Chris Takacs
Americanchris"
YEP! same guy!

henderson939

Dec 14, 2009
New Jersey
Looking for these Hendersons

1982 Topps Blackless #610
1990 Legends Sample #20
1991 Sports Heroes Postercards
1991 Pepsi decal
1992 Diet Pepsi cup with Alomar, Fielder & Morris
1993 Pinnacle Cooperstown Promo #7
1995 Zenith #87 (white back)
1996 Leaf Preferred Steel Bronze Promo
1997 Score Select Promo #50
1998 Pacific Online “Web Winners” #533 (not sure if it exists)
1998 Stadium Club 1st Day Issue #386 (#/200)
1999 SP Signature Gold NO AUTO (#/50-???-not sure if it exists)
1999 Topps MVP Promotion
2001 Padres postcard

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
ManOfSteal said:
I'd love to be able to track down these Rickey Henderson's (at a reasonable price of course). A few of them do pop up every once in awhile, but they typically end way out of my price range.

1982 Ajax Dog Food
1982 Topps Blackless 610
1988 Star Nova Promo
1989 Topps Doubleheaders Mets/Yankees Test 16
1991 Sports Educational 15 (1992 National Promo Sticker on Back)
1992 Procter & Gamble Sample
1993 Pinnacle Cooperstown Promo 7
1999 Mets Postcards 8
2001 Padres Postcards 13
just spoke with a guy that has 1 sealed pack of 3 1992 Procter & Gamble Sample, not sure what hes gonna do with them but if you want me to relay a offer to him, feel free

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
gracecollector said:
predatorkj said:
1992 High 5 #36 Jeff Bagwell.

Those are pretty easy to find if you search descriptions on ebay. Search for 'High 5 decal (player last name)'

Still in package:
http://cgi.ebay.com/1992-High-5-Dec...0345648132?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item3c9dcf5404

A loose one for a $1
http://cgi.ebay.com/Jeff-Bagwell-Lot-Pick-2-/330459740143?pt=US_Baseball&hash=item4cf0ef77ef

predatorkj,
I've got an extra sealed one if you still need it. It's creased at the top, but say the word and it's yours.

1992_high_5.jpg

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
gracecollector said:
nosterbor said:
nosterbor said:
juan_picture.jpg
0 on Beckett
0 on COMC
0 on Sportslots
0 on EBAY
NONE! of any player.

sportzcubz.jpg

"Brad

Thanks, Chris Takacs
Americanchris"

Not 100% positive because it was so many years ago, but I believe that is who I got my sportzcubz mcgwire from.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
There are others, but these I would easily put in the "axis of evil"

1988 Tara Plaques (not the 1989 which are everywhere)
1989 MSA Our Own Tea
1990 Donruss Aqueous Test 185
1990 Donruss Blue/White Test (found the collector that has one and I think that is the only one that exists)
1991 San Francisco Examiner 8
1991 Simon and Schuster 12
1992 Barry Colla All-Star Game Promo 1
1993 Cardtoons Big Bucks BB11
1998 Pacific Online Winners (all of them)
1998 Score Select Prototypes (all of them)
2000 Capcure

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
henderson939 said:
Onionring9, are you sure that they made the Tara Plaques two years? If so, How do you tell the difference?

Positive. From what I've been told they are exactly identical in look but there is a difference in the checklists on the back.

This is where it gets hazy. Over the years, I've gathered that the '88s are supposed to have Ron Darling listed on the checklist for the Mets.

Members online

Latest posts