Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

============ The Morning Thread ============

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

darrend505

Aug 9, 2008
Down to needing only 10 cards for my 1971 Topps set. They are getting more and more expensive! It is fun to be bidding on cards again though!

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
I absolutely hate posting this in here, because it's from Blowout and their main members just post there, but, go to page 9 of this thread and see what Metsfan311 posted in a thread about me wanting Josh Johnson's. Seriously, I'm seeing red, with blood pouring out of my eyes right now ...

http://www.blowoutcards.com/forums/...ade/194540-buying-josh-johnson-marlins-9.html

Sadly, in his mind, he thinks this is valuable information that will aid you in your pursuit.::facepalm::

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Man, if I wasn't bidding on 3 auctions already, I would be all over this. Just look at that face...

$(KGrHqFHJDEFBEQ)k!I+BQ,7V3kOd!~~60_3.JPG

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Good for you Charlie. You are going to need a new wardrobe!

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
My response to that post:

I understand what you're saying, but I'm not going to list every card of Johnson that's out there and what I'd pay for it. If I did, folks would still want to sell me at prices "they" deemed were fair, which, I can totally see, because they dumped X amount of money into wax and would like to recoup funds for their breaks, to at least get close to what they spent, back.

BUT, these same folks, today, seem to think because their card has (oooooh) a teal four color patch, that automatically it's 2x what I've paid for THREE of the same card. I've pm'd MANY of the posters in this thread and went back and forth on prices, because I know what Josh Johnson's go for. There isn't much in life that I know, but, I am the front source of what Josh Johnson stuff goes for, at it's high and it's absolute low.

I've tried to deal with some folks and they don't budge. Fine. I'm not going to overpay because someone won't drop a price, because, they want what they think is fair or because some random card has a nice patch. If someone doesn't want to sell to me or deal with me, because of that: fine. No worries. There's plenty of stuff that I haven't got before, because people are unreasonable in their monetary wants for a trading card. And, there's plenty of stuff I've worked hard to get, with sellers, without being a dick or ****** bag (which I know I'm often called) because they want to get rid of something and I'm willing to pay.

If people on here, Beckett, FCB, SCF, eBay or wherever were more apt to just discussing prices, seeing what I've paid for something, and then go from there, instead of saying, "Hey, I have this for $X, interested ?". I come back, "Is there any wiggle room ?". I hear back from the seller, "Well, not much, I could go $5 less than $X, which I initially offered, but that's as low as I'd go." It doesn't seem that the majority of folks, selling cards, can negotiate that well.

Sure, I've made deals on here and other sites with great people who were more than willing to work with me on something, as long as it was fair for both sides. I'm not going to overpay, though, when I know a sell value of something, or something incredibly similar, because someone thinks it's more in their eyes

I hope this all makes sense and hopefully, one day, if you do sell your Josh Johnson's, we can make a deal happen. If not, it's life. I've got a 2 year old daughter & wife that'll be more important than Josh Johnson ever will be.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
My response to that post:

I understand what you're saying, but I'm not going to list every card of Johnson that's out there and what I'd pay for it. If I did, folks would still want to sell me at prices "they" deemed were fair, which, I can totally see, because they dumped X amount of money into wax and would like to recoup funds for their breaks, to at least get close to what they spent, back.

BUT, these same folks, today, seem to think because their card has (oooooh) a teal four color patch, that automatically it's 2x what I've paid for THREE of the same card. I've pm'd MANY of the posters in this thread and went back and forth on prices, because I know what Josh Johnson's go for. There isn't much in life that I know, but, I am the front source of what Josh Johnson stuff goes for, at it's high and it's absolute low.

I've tried to deal with some folks and they don't budge. Fine. I'm not going to overpay because someone won't drop a price, because, they want what they think is fair or because some random card has a nice patch. If someone doesn't want to sell to me or deal with me, because of that: fine. No worries. There's plenty of stuff that I haven't got before, because people are unreasonable in their monetary wants for a trading card. And, there's plenty of stuff I've worked hard to get, with sellers, without being a dick or ****** bag (which I know I'm often called) because they want to get rid of something and I'm willing to pay.

If people on here, Beckett, FCB, SCF, eBay or wherever were more apt to just discussing prices, seeing what I've paid for something, and then go from there, instead of saying, "Hey, I have this for $X, interested ?". I come back, "Is there any wiggle room ?". I hear back from the seller, "Well, not much, I could go $5 less than $X, which I initially offered, but that's as low as I'd go." It doesn't seem that the majority of folks, selling cards, can negotiate that well.

Sure, I've made deals on here and other sites with great people who were more than willing to work with me on something, as long as it was fair for both sides. I'm not going to overpay, though, when I know a sell value of something, or something incredibly similar, because someone thinks it's more in their eyes

I hope this all makes sense and hopefully, one day, if you do sell your Josh Johnson's, we can make a deal happen. If not, it's life. I've got a 2 year old daughter & wife that'll be more important than Josh Johnson ever will be.

That guys a *******. He thinks he's hot stuff over there with his 80 posts lol

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
That guys a *******. He thinks he's hot stuff over there with his 80 posts lol

I read both to my wife. She just rolled her eyes. I should probably just walk away, but I'm incredibly stubborn, as, she'll tell you over and over again ...

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Flori-Dave,

I heard about a signing at a Window store on Neshek's this Saturday. I am going to try to make it but I've gotten hung up on a lot of these signings before, so I probably won't know until tomorrow night/Saturday morning.

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
Flori-Dave,

I heard about a signing at a Window store on Neshek's this Saturday. I am going to try to make it but I've gotten hung up on a lot of these signings before, so I probably won't know until tomorrow night/Saturday morning.

Doesn't look like time is on my side.:( If you go, enjoy! Bud Grant has always been a favorite of mine.
On that note, good night all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts