Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Topps Heritage High-Numbers Boxed Set Preview (EDIT - Checklist Added)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
yeah, after waiting through 4 terrible years topps did step it up, even though I swear some of those star have print runs of less than 10.

I caved and bought one. I still had my $10 coupon from the diamond giveaway last year, so that basically made shipping free.

It will be nice to add some autos to my collection. I think almost everyone buying this is hoping they hit a big auto, so the scrubs will be sold off pretty quickly, and they are going to dry up.

And let's be fair here and give credit where credit was due. The auto checklist in this year's Heritage was the best checklist in years. There were plenty of scrubs but a lot more star power than we were used to seeing.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Just a note:
Free shipping on $100 or more
If you plan to buy 1 set,
buy something in their store so your total is more than $100 otherwise you pay shipping if you spend $99.95

mudflap02

Jan 23, 2009
Daytona Beach, FL
Somehow I paid more by using my discount code - total was 101.71 in TX.

286 sets left as of right now, Topps will gross one million dollars if this sells out. Seems like easy, easy, easy money. They will make a ton of profit on this, costs are crazy low. Print up 1,000 sheets of base cards, no need to collate. Packaging is minimal. No chromes or other inserts. They will do this again.

This seemed like a last minute deal. If these are sticker autos like Heritage Minors, I will make a frown.

Apr 13, 2010
Somehow I paid more by using my discount code - total was 101.71 in TX.

286 sets left as of right now, Topps will gross one million dollars if this sells out. Seems like easy, easy, easy money. They will make a ton of profit on this, costs are crazy low. Print up 1,000 sheets of base cards, no need to collate. Packaging is minimal. No chromes or other inserts. They will do this again.

This seemed like a last minute deal. If these are sticker autos like Heritage Minors, I will make a frown.
Topps is certainly going to turn a tidy profit, but...1000 sets * $100 = $100,000. It's late :)

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
100K not quite 1 million, but still a nice little payday for basically doing nothing but cutting hobby shops out of the loop. I see topps now selling these kinds of products online from now on, they can put up products with the ginter and heritage name in them and sell them sell and not have to share the money with hobby stores.

Kevin

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Yet another opportunity for Topps to put first true rookies of Miguel Gonzalez or Ryan Flaherty, or Nate McLouth in his O's uni and they don't. Hopefully MGonzo and Flaherty are in Draft.

True rookies wouldn't be issued in a Topps.com exclusive set.

bcubs

Apr 8, 2009
Springfield, IL
Any chance Topps holds up delivery of these if not sold out by 11/6? I could see them waiting so the secondary market doesn't undercut them when people pull the autos out and sell the base cards.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
Any chance Topps holds up delivery of these if not sold out by 11/6? I could see them waiting so the secondary market doesn't undercut them when people pull the autos out and sell the base cards.

No, Topps Mini was not sold out at release date, I bought my boxes after release date and it sold out to some FCB member ;) with over 300 boxes left...
I believe the A&G Glossy was not sold out at release date either...

Members online

Latest posts