Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I know its kinda late in the season, but do any of you Twins/Minnesota Team fans want to do a Secret Santa thingy?
Keep it to the posters in this thread, maybe limit to the first 12-15 that post they want to participate?
If so, we can then agree upon eBay value range (thinking $25-50?) and when we would have to mail by (Jan 15th?, that gives a month to do your buying/trading). Then everyone can submit their info to me (by Friday Dec 14th?), I will do the random drawing and send the secret santa info to each party via PM.

If we do so this, Rule number #1 will be, if you eff someone over by NOT holding up your end of the agreement by sending, I will request that you are banned from this site forever. This secret santa is not about seeing what you can get for nothing, this is for a bunch of guys/friends/common themed collectors to help each other out and enjoy a great holiday season. There will be no pissing, moaning, XXXXXing, whining, this will be for fun so please keep it that way. I believe in Karma, so if you eff with Karma, Karma will come back and eff you!!! ;-)

Thoughts?

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I know its kinda late in the season, but do any of you Twins/Minnesota Team fans want to do a Secret Santa thingy?
Keep it to the posters in this thread, maybe limit to the first 12-15 that post they want to participate?
If so, we can then agree upon eBay value range (thinking $25-50?) and when we would have to mail by (Jan 15th?, that gives a month to do your buying/trading). Then everyone can submit their info to me (by Friday Dec 14th?), I will do the random drawing and send the secret santa info to each party via PM.

If we do so this, Rule number #1 will be, if you eff someone over by NOT holding up your end of the agreement by sending, I will request that you are banned from this site forever. This secret santa is not about seeing what you can get for nothing, this is for a bunch of guys/friends/common themed collectors to help each other out and enjoy a great holiday season. There will be no pissing, moaning, XXXXXing, whining, this will be for fun so please keep it that way. I believe in Karma, so if you eff with Karma, Karma will come back and eff you!!! ;-)

Thoughts?

I'd be all for it, I think its a great idea

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I will edit this post as people respond:

1) wolfmanalfredo
2) greg cleveland
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)
9)
10)
11)
12)
13)
14)
15)

Last edited:

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I'd love to do it Chris, but I can't afford to do it right now
Totally understand Zach, just a thought though, you could try and trade for wanted items too, its not strictly about buying. Just didnt want you to be totally left out if you didnt consider this angle.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I'm already picking up a few things if it happens or not. If we can't get enough people, probably do some Twins thread giveaways

Worst case Andy, Ill jump in and you me and Greg can just do it, would be fun IMO even if it was just the three of us and we knew who each other had :)

TGutta

May 30, 2010
Minnetonka, Minnesota
Here's the preliminary list of people who will be attending TwinsFest:

Current players/coaches scheduled to attend include:
Joe Benson, Alex Burnett, Jared Burton, Drew Butera, Jamey Carroll, Cole De Vries, Scott Diamond, Ryan Doumit, Brian Dozier, Brian Duensing, Casey Fien, Ron Gardenhire, Kyle Gibson, Liam Hendriks, BJ Hermsen, Chris Herrmann, Aaron Hicks, Darin Mastroianni, Joe Mauer, Trevor May, Justin Morneau, Chris Parmelee, Glen Perkins, Trevor Plouffe, Ryan Pressly, Tyler Robertson, Josh Roenicke, Anthony Swarzak, Caleb Thielbar, Michael Tonkin, PJ Walters, Josh Willingham, Tim Wood, Vance Worley and more!

Former players/coaches scheduled to attend include:
Bert Blyleven, Tom Brunansky, Ron Coomer, Dan Gladden, Dave Goltz, Kent Hrbek, Tom Kelly, Gene Larkin, Paul Molitor, Frank Quilici, Tom Quinlan, Brian Raabe, Terry Steinbach, Dick Stigman, FrankViola and more!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Mail that was waiting for me when I got home from school today

Mail that I had waiting for me today when I got home. I also got in 9 2012 Ginter minis for my set and 3 2008 Ginter cards for that set as well. Here's today's goods-

Non-PC- Ian Kinsler RC auto
KinslerAuto.jpg

PC mailday- The Mauer Tribute suffered from autocrop. The Span auto is my 30th card auto, 29th that is recognized by Beckett(his Etopps auto isn't recognized)
JoeMAuerGoldTribute.jpg
DenardSpanOpeningDayauto.jpg
EddieRosarioChromeAuto.jpg
OswaldoArciaBlueauto.jpg

And now the second favorite piece in my collection! It's listed as "Game Issued" but it has some wear and a lot of Twins stuff is listed as Game Issued. I'll quit with the rambling now :lol:

Denard Span "Game Issued" hat
2012-12-13_19-17-48_478.jpg

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I plan to keep picking up his stuff. I'll be more willing to go for the Twins cards, but I'll grab his Nats stuff too, even though he looks kinda goofy in the red hat :lol:

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Thanks guys. I am going to start scanning more of my stuff now that I have a working scanner again. Here are a couple more things. I love the 2005 absolute sets.
scan0006.jpg

scan0003.jpg

scan0005.jpg

Members online

Latest posts