Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Box O' Goodies - Who Wants to Participate?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I don't see need to lock either. Keep going for next round. I'm happy to another as well once I get this one back. Maybe I will start it with 10 new people so previous peeps don't have to see a lot of the same stuff. Send me pm with address and your interests if you are interested. I also ha e idea for multi boxes that are somewhat group specific which I will explain later

I'm interested in hearing the group specific idea but am going to pass on the next round. Maybe a '90s box? ;)

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
There seem to be several people interested in starting a box to go around, which is great to have all these people interested. I think this is nice way to change up stuff in your collection that you don't necessarily want in it. All those pack pulls that are kinda useless too you. But of course, there is a collector out there for everything!

My idea was to have several people start a box up, but have specific content boxes and people can choose which ones they want to be a part of.

I was thinking the following (and of course, there is NO need for all of them to happen - they are just ideas!). The boxes do not have to be baseball specific, but since this is a baseball board that we are posting on, I personally prefer that the content be HEAVILY baseball related. Throw a few other sports in there too if you want. I know I did with the first box, but it was really baseball heavy.

1) Vintage Box - anything pre 1985
2) Parallel Box - for those who love refractors, parallels, artist proofs, etc.
3) Game Used/Auto Box
4) Non-parallel 90's insert box (good choice Mac)
5) Non-parallel 00's - current insert box
6) Non-sports box
7) Certified Autographed/game used MEMORABILIA box (balls, batting gloves, photos, etc.)

Thoughts are always welcome.

kerryfan5

Sep 17, 2012
Ohio thourgh Dickinson, N.D.
There seem to be several people interested in starting a box to go around, which is great to have all these people interested. I think this is nice way to change up stuff in your collection that you don't necessarily want in it. All those pack pulls that are kinda useless too you. But of course, there is a collector out there for everything!

My idea was to have several people start a box up, but have specific content boxes and people can choose which ones they want to be a part of.

I was thinking the following (and of course, there is NO need for all of them to happen - they are just ideas!). The boxes do not have to be baseball specific, but since this is a baseball board that we are posting on, I personally prefer that the content be HEAVILY baseball related. Throw a few other sports in there too if you want. I know I did with the first box, but it was really baseball heavy.

3) Game Used/Auto Box
6) Non-sports box
7) Certified Autographed/game used MEMORABILIA box (balls, batting gloves, photos, etc.)

Might be a little to broken down. How about vintage and new. Maybe a 1990 break. Maybe a NL box and AL box. Just some ideas.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

3) Game Used/Auto Box
6) Non-sports box

Literally I think you could simple start a:

1) Vintage Box (anything pre 1985)
2) 90's insert box
3) 00's insert box
4) Non-sports box

Just an idea. It is all about what people want to do. I'd be in for a '90s Insert Box considering that's like nearly all of my collection outside of Belle and my other PC wants.

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
I see that isotopes4 (Mike) has the time to go over to Blowout and post yesterday, but cant take the time to login and post here.

IMO, Bridge----------------->BURNED!!!

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
I see that isotopes4 (Mike) has the time to go over to Blowout and post yesterday, but cant take the time to login and post here.

IMO, Bridge----------------->BURNED!!!

He knows he burned the bridge, and then chose to kick it down.

As long as he follows through and gets the box to Bill, it becomes the past...but if he sticks it to Bill, it should get sticky.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
No. I am just waiting to see what comes back to me from the first go round so I can see what I have available to throw in the box(es) and then go from there.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
No. I am just waiting to see what comes back to me from the first go round so I can see what I have available to throw in the box(es) and then go from there.

Bill, has he sent a Delivery Confirmation or do we just have his "word" that he's sending it to you? Much like his "word" that he'd have it shipped out a few Mondays ago before he purposefully went AWOL.

Really disappointed in how this has shaken out.

Bill Menard

Aug 26, 2008
I've sent two follow up messages via eBay system and I have had no response from Mike after his initial response of "i will send it in the morning, just need your address," earlier in the week. Not really sure where to go from here.

Members online

Latest posts