Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Therion's All Time Astros Autograph Collection (980 Reached!! 22 To Go!)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
One upgrade from a Private Signing

IMG_1846.jpg

One to add to the "Oh, a giant white spot to avoid and sign over the black area instead" auto pile. This was a private signing, but it isn't a big enough deal to fret about. Unlikely to ever try to reupgrade. I'm not sure what else to expect from a player whose only Astros highlight was falling on his face as he came out of the dugout.:LOL:

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Two consecutive maildays and today is HUGE.

This is an upgrade from a copy that is only signed by a somewhat well-known figure in the middle.

View attachment 353410
Now I have all three on the card.
Who is the guy on the right (is it maybe Gene Tenace?) and what about the guy fairly well hidden behind Berra? It looks like you need 1 more sig!

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Who is the guy on the right (is it maybe Gene Tenace?) and what about the guy fairly well hidden behind Berra? It looks like you need 1 more sig!
It's Dennis Menke. Until I find one already signed by all four (Menke has passed) I will consider this one complete. :LOL:

Last edited:

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
One upgrade since my last post.

IMG_1893 (1).jpg
This is a big upgrade. This is his only Astros card and I've never seen another signed (though surely a few more do exist). He has now officially retired from Japanese baseball, so this will be tough for anyone to get done going forward.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
HUGE mailday today. These are such rare events now.

Let's start with two upgrades including a doozie.

IMG_2105.jpg
Rudy Owens, upgraded from a Minor League card. Obtained TTM.

IMG_2104.jpg
Paul Householder via private signing. His signature is slowly shrinking, but it's an impossible signature off the upgrade list. This replaces an index card.

Now for SEVEN new additions. Seven. All obtained in Spring Training.

IMG_2103.jpg
Mauricio Dubon

IMG_2102 (1).jpg
Joel Kuhnel

IMG_2101 (1).jpg
Cesar Salazar (I have a single-player auto coming, so going to try to find a way to get Gage on it)

IMG_2100 (1).jpg
Rafael Montero

IMG_2099 (1).jpg
Shawn Dubin

IMG_2097 (1).jpg
Parker Mushinski

IMG_2098 (1).jpg
Brett Sousa

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
It has been quite a week, thanks to Spring Training! Another one off of the needs list, not just the upgrade list.

IMG_2106.jpg
Niko Goodrum. He literally only signs during Spring Training and is unlikely to be invited to many more, so pumped to have this one off of my list.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
Four new additions this week, two of which will need upgrades in the future.IMG_2217 (1).jpg
Ryan Hartman - purchased for 75 cents, so not a bad cost for a placeholder.

IMG_2218 (1).jpg
Ralph Garza, Jr - another 75 cent placeholder. I'll do these all day long.

IMG_2219 (1).jpg
Grae Kessinger - obtained in ST through a consignment

IMG_2220 (1).jpg
Corey Julks - also obtained in ST

Pretty pumped, I'm down to 17.

Therion

Nov 19, 2008
Looooooosiana!
I'll DM you with some info for next year. This ST is basically over.

One upgrade today.

IMG_2228 (1).jpg
Jim Fuller - TTM

This was my third attempt and persistence paid off. This upgrades an index card.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts