Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

05 Artifacts Signature Patches progress thread - 8/3 update

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008
*Updated 8/3/09 with Wade Boggs - 82 total

This is my running thread of my progress collecting this set. My need list is at the end of this first post - as always I'm willing to make any assistance in finding them worth your while.

Abreu.jpgAnderson.jpg
Bay.jpgBeltran.jpg
Beltre.jpgBlalock.jpg
Blyleven.jpgBoggs.jpg
Boone.jpgBrett.jpg
Cabrera.jpgCarew.jpg
Carter.jpgCarlton.jpg
Casey.jpgCepeda.jpg
Chavez.jpgClark.jpg
Clemens.jpgCrosby.jpg
Dawson.jpgFisk.jpg
Gagne.jpgGibson.jpg
GilesB.jpgGilesM.jpg
Gooden.jpgGrace.jpg
Greene.jpgGriffey.jpg
Gwynn.jpgHafner.jpg
Harden.jpgHrbek.jpg
Huff.jpgHunter.jpg
Jeter.jpgJohnson.jpg
Kaat.jpgKaline.jpg
Kotchman.jpgLee.jpg
Lowell.jpgMaddux.jpg
Martinez.jpgMattingly.jpg
Mauer.jpgMcCovey.jpg
McPherson.jpgMolitor.jpg
Mulder.jpgNettles.jpg
Niekro.jpgOrtiz.jpg
Oswalt.jpgPalmer.jpg
Patterson.jpgPeavy.jpg
Penny.jpgPodsednik.jpg
Powell.jpgPrior.jpg
Reyes.jpgRipken.jpg
RobinsonB.jpgRobinsonF.jpg
Rolen.jpgRyan.jpg
SchmidtJ.jpgSchmidtM.jpg
Seaver.jpgSheets.jpg
Sutter.jpgTeixeira.jpg
Upton.jpgWeeks.jpg
Wills.jpgWood.jpg
Wright.jpgYoung.jpg
Yount.jpgZambrano.jpg

Need list as of 8/3/09:

AP-BE Bench Johnny Reds
AP-YB Berra Yogi Yankees
AP-CF1 Fisk Carlton White Sox
AP-GR Griffey Sr. Ken Reds
AP-HU Hudson Tim Braves
AP-JJ Jones Jacque Twins
AP-HK Killebrew Harmon Twins
AP-DM Murphy Dale Braves
AP-LN Nix Laynce Rangers
AP-AO Otsuka Akinori Padres
AP-SA Santana Johan Twins
AP-SM Smoltz John Braves
AP-ST Takatsu Shingo White Sox
AP-JV Vidro Jose Nationals
AP-CY Yastrzemski Carl Red Sox

Thanks - Bill

aminors

Aug 7, 2008
Southern IN
Re: 2995 Artifacts Signature Patches set progress thread

Wow, very very impressive so far. That's got to be a tough set to collect. Good luck getting the rest of them.

Anthony

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA

that is an amazing set. there are some sick patches. good luck getting the rest of them.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008

One of the absolute best sets on the boards IMO. Hopefully you'll find someone out there who's got a stash of the ones you need and help get you closer. I'm sure it's slow going. GL!!

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana

Very nice set! Good luck with the rest. Though I think you're missing one from your checklist: 2005 Artifacts Signature Patches Scott Rolen/10 EXCH.

I've seen one on ebay since their release.

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008

Thanks guys. Shuedini - I actually have the Rolen - it's one of my most recent pickups. Somehow I dropped him along with Khalil Greene when I first posted this - the scans are now all up to date.

Wide Right - that's high praise coming from you, Mr. Ultimate Collection. ;) There's actually a stash of them up on ebay right now. Steve Hovland is selling off his collection and just listed a bunch of them. I already made a deal with him for the two he had that I needed - Bret Boone and Randy Johnson. Player collectors probably ought to take a look at what he's got out there - these don't come around too often.

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008

Rudzud said:
Cards look amazing in the future! ;)

I looooove that set. Kudos sir.

Yoink. How'd that happen?! :oops: Fixed - thanks!

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008
Re: 2005 Artifacts Signature Patches set progress thread

Roy Birchler said:
Nice set, wish that I could find a Griifey :cry:

Roy

Roy - I just sent you a PM about this.

Bill

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana

The Rolen is very nice! If for some reason you ever decide to break up the set to sell it, please remember me for the Rolen! :D

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008

shuedini said:
The Rolen is very nice! If for some reason you ever decide to break up the set to sell it, please remember me for the Rolen! :D

Thanks - it's one of my faves. The patch is fat and flocky - I think it's from one of the birds on the Cards' jersey. I picked it up from Jastermereel - has he made it over here yet?

wideright

Aug 7, 2008

Billy Packer said:
Thanks guys. Shuedini - I actually have the Rolen - it's one of my most recent pickups. Somehow I dropped him along with Khalil Greene when I first posted this - the scans are now all up to date.

Wide Right - that's high praise coming from you, Mr. Ultimate Collection. ;) There's actually a stash of them up on ebay right now. Steve Hovland is selling off his collection and just listed a bunch of them. I already made a deal with him for the two he had that I needed - Bret Boone and Randy Johnson. Player collectors probably ought to take a look at what he's got out there - these don't come around too often.

I see the Boone and Johnson in your set now, very cool! Keep us up to date and I'll keep an eye out for any that you need. That will be an amazing set once it's finished.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008

totally awsome, what are you going to do with them once you are done. Do I see a frame coming your way?

Phishmon23

Aug 7, 2008
Boston, MA

Awesome as always! At least I know where to visit my Mattingly if I ever miss it!

Keep it up!

-Jason

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada

Awesome!!! That is simply amazing!! #'d/10 with that many cards... what were you thinking when you started this? :D

Please keep us updated on your progress. WOW.

Billy Packer

Aug 7, 2008

Thanks again guys!

Wide Right - I appreciate you keeping an eye out.

Darthampton - I've thought about framing them, but I'd probably have to put on an addition to the house to create the wall space for it.

Jason - Donnie Baseball says hi! He misses you but is glad to be among friends.

Jarcar - re: what I was thinking, in the immortal words of Brett Lorenzo Favre, "I wish I knew." I pulled the Jeter out of an open box back when the set first came out. I really only focused on picking up the Brewers after that, then a few HOFers, and then it kind of snowballed. I was in the 15-20 range when I decided to give the set a go. Unfortunately it had been out long enough by then that a lot of them had already been sucked up by player and team collectors. It's been a challenge, but it gives me something specific to search for vs. whatever catches my eye and it's really rewarding when I'm able to add another one.

Bill

Members online