Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

First non sport pickup thread on FCB!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KCBeltranFan

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
My Wife has been telling me for two solid days to pick up a couple cards for myself after an eight day stretch at work. Lucky me, right?
Well, I was browsing around on the bay tonight, and I came across a card. I ended up getting this for $6 shipped, and I'm pretty happy with that! My Wife and I watched (and still watch) the show together, so I couldn't say no.

#/100
9912_1.jpg

Thanks for the look. Comments are always appreciated.

G

What's the first part of that inscription say?

Great card btw. Love Heroes.

KCBeltranFan

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Thanks very much for the replies! I appreciate it!

Sam: It's his signature followed by "Felicity". Thanks for the reply! I wanted to get into Heroes, but I never found the time.

cmixer: Thanks! I was pretty surprised myself.

I picked up a couple more cards last night, and I'm VERY pleased. For $5 shipped, I got these:

0dac_1.jpg

0b95_1.jpg

Two Ryan Waterhouse sketch cards! One is from Indiana Jones: Kingdom of the Crystal Skull, and I believe the "screaming monkey" is from Indiana Jones Heritage. I know a lot of people aren't fond of Ryan's sketches, but I just love his style! I'm sure I will pick up more of his stuff in the near future, but these are a good start in my book!

KCBeltranFan

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
muskiesfan said:
Awesome cards brother! Some very cool pick ups. I really like the sketch cards.

Joe

Thanks very much, Joe! I always value your opinion above all others, and you know it. The sketches will look great next to my only other one:

FryeSketch.jpg

KCBeltranFan

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
I got the sketch cards today. It's weird. They are both the cards advertised, but you can see CLEAR differences in them from the auction pictures! I'll do a side-by-side of each when I get them scanned so you can see. Another weird but satisfying auction weekend!

KCBeltranFan

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
cmixer said:
KCBeltranFan said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
those are some cool cards actually. i usually stick to baseball but those are prett neat

Thanks! If you haven't seen sketch cards before, you should take a peek around on the bay and see some of the amazing cards up for auction. I can't afford most of them, but it's insane to look at all the talent that's out there.

I have a few in my sig -

I have had your site bookmarked for quite some time! It was mentioned on NSU's forum, and I immediately saved it to my favorites. Thank you for the AWESOME website!

cmixer

Aug 9, 2008
KCBeltranFan said:
cmixer said:
KCBeltranFan said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
those are some cool cards actually. i usually stick to baseball but those are prett neat

Thanks! If you haven't seen sketch cards before, you should take a peek around on the bay and see some of the amazing cards up for auction. I can't afford most of them, but it's insane to look at all the talent that's out there.

I have a few in my sig -

I have had your site bookmarked for quite some time! It was mentioned on NSU's forum, and I immediately saved it to my favorites. Thank you for the AWESOME website!

LOL - a few years, and a few thousand dollars gets you a mention on NSU - sweet :lol:

I've been picking them up here & there since 1998.
Thanks.

MojoDan

Aug 22, 2008
Nice card! We have the box sets of that show. On a side note, I have a nice Green patch auto from 04 sp game used if interested.

thenumberonemetfan

Aug 7, 2008
Bronx,Ny
KCBeltranFan said:
muskiesfan said:
Awesome cards brother! Some very cool pick ups. I really like the sketch cards.

Joe

Thanks very much, Joe! I always value your opinion above all others, and you know it. The sketches will look great next to my only other one:

FryeSketch.jpg

that robots sketch card looks awesome.they really took their time with it.

Members online