Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT: WWE releases Lance Cade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
"The following is from WWE.com:

Lance Cade released
Written: October 14, 2008

World Wrestling Entertainment has come to terms on the release of Raw Superstar Lance Cade as of October 14, 2008. WWE"

kind of a big shock there since they were buidling him up pretty hard. i posted this in here since there's not a wrestling forum and most of the guys in here are the ones that post on the wrestling stuff too.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
wow. he was getting a huge push!

drug test issues?

I hadnt heard of anything backstage with anybody, so is it possible he was involved in an altercation with an official?

G

I don't know what Cade could have done to be fired.

I can't remember any Wellness Policy suspensions for him, let alone TWO of the three required since the 3 strikes you're out, and since the namings went public.

It will come out eventually. Give it a day or two.

G

NECpilgrims8 said:
And this is MMA related....why?

No one cares about these soap opera stars.

Summer Donna!!

Would you rather have the wrestling discussion posted in the General secition? I think the two go hand in hand to be honest.

I have looked into this, and nowhere have I found anyone remembering any Wellness Violations for Cade in the last few years.

He must have screwed up pretty bad to be fired.

I mean, he was involved in the biggest storyline on RAW, and had just got a pinfall victory over Shawn Michaels a few weeks ago and was in line to feud with HBK after the HBK/Jericho feud.

I was actually starting to like him. Didn't think he'd do well as a singles star after him and Trevor Murdoch split up, but he had been coming into his own as of late.

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
And this is MMA related....why?

No one cares about these soap opera stars.

:roll: the title says OT: and the OP says why it was posted here. don't read if you're not interested.

G

Maybe sexual harassment, or he was involved with a Diva and things got bad. Or he got drunk and made a fool of himelf or destroyed something. I really have no idea yet.

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
Jim Ross posted why on his website. here's the explanation:

"As many of you know, Lance Cade was abruptly released from his contract this week much to the surprise of many of us. I have always thought that Cade had a wealth of physical potential and he was always a polite young man in my dealings with him. Like many fans, I too did my share of arm chair quarterbacking as to why Cade was not featured in a more prominent role on WWE TV programming. However it seemed that in the past several weeks those issues were being addressed even to the point of Cade defeating HBK on a recent Monday Night Raw.

The story that I have read on many internet sites about the reason for Cade's sudden dismissal isn't accurate. Many pundits speculate that Cade was dismissed because of a bad performance in a recent TV bout against DX on Raw which is absolutely untrue. Lance's dismissal had zero to do with his in ring performances or his lack of ability.

Lance Cade was dismissed from the WWE because, like many humans, he made a major league mistake while utilizing bad judgment that cost him his job. This included Lance having a seizure on an airplane and having to have emergency medial care. Luckily, Lilian Garcia was on the same flight and was instrumental in helping Lance get taken to a hospital where a battery of tests were run that luckily determined that there was nothing seriously wrong with the young man such as a brain tumor, etc.

Everyone makes mistakes, Lord knows I have made plenty in my career, but in this day and time some mistakes just simply can't be condoned. To some fans, Lance Cade will likely still be perceived as the victim in this matter and his punishment too harsh.

Under the circumstances of the situation, I don't know what other decision the WWE could have made. I'm just relieved that it wasn't me in my former role that would have had to address this matter. I really like this kid and hope that he continues to follow his dreams. Second chances are not foreign in the wrestling business so perhaps that could be in Lance's future but that's just a personal observation.

Lance Cade is a talented young man whose best days should be ahead of him and I wish him nothing but success. Lance has been knocked down and now it is up to him to get off the canvas and get back in the game. I'm damn sure pulling for him.

Let's hope Lance's peers are paying attention to this situation."

Sounds like the guy almost OD'd or something. It does seem harsh to fire him on his first offense since guys like Nick Dinsmore (Eugene), William Regal, Jeff Hardy, and many others have been repeat offenders of drugs and they were given suspensions and even admitted to rehab by the WWE.