Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Travis Snider has fallen this far???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
ballerskrip said:
Weren't these just over a $100 recently??

I know it is badly off center, but I knew it was going to end this low, I would have taken a stab at it....

Snider blue ref or $32

skrip

Glad I sold mine for $150....I bought one for 60, but didn't have any interest in such a poor centered card...I watched that auction to the end actually.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
More proof that the time to cash in on prospects is right before their MLB debuts or during a very hot streak in the minors.

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
thenumberonemetfan said:
AKA Coastal said:
More proof that the time to cash in on prospects is right before their MLB debuts or during a very hot streak in the minors.

and then theres Longoria

Yea, but for every Longoria you can name 10 prospcets that have fallen off after their debut's.

ballerskrip

Aug 7, 2008
Chicago Area
AKA Coastal said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":3iv3ru0g]More proof that the time to cash in on prospects is right before their MLB debuts or during a very hot streak in the minors.

and then theres Longoria

Yea, but for every Longoria you can name 10 prospcets that have fallen off after their debut's.[/quote:3iv3ru0g]

Agreed, I rarely hold onto guys once they make the bigs....If I do, I hold only a portion of what I have..

skrip

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
i was sorting some 05 and 06 stuff today, couldn't believe how many guys are just gone from baseball.
as for snider, he doesnt look like he will be lighting it up any time soon, but he may someday.
i know that seller has a lot of him, but that was low.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Blame Canada

edit: looking at the seller, all of his cards have ended low. A Strasburg Sweet Spot auto /37 sold for $320+ yesterday, yet his Sweet Spot Auto /32 goes for only $225 today.

numba1yankeefan

Nov 29, 2008
Long Island
what i'm I supposed to do with this stuff now?

toppsfinestsnider.jpg

AKA Coastal

Aug 7, 2008
His cards would have been doing much better right now if he was in AA/AAA tearing the cover off the ball batting cleanup.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Expand this even further and consider that for every Pujols or ARod there were 10 Longorias who had success early in their careers :cool:

AKA Coastal said:
Yea, but for every Longoria you can name 10 prospcets that have fallen off after their debut's.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
AKA Coastal said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":kpp5e424]More proof that the time to cash in on prospects is right before their MLB debuts or during a very hot streak in the minors.

and then theres Longoria

Yea, but for every Longoria you can name 10 prospcets that have fallen off after their debut's.[/quote:kpp5e424]

Only 10? More like 100 or even more, lol

dooly

Feb 9, 2009
Partly may be due to the fact that it only ships to the USA. Lots of snider fans are up in Canada. I've been following card prices for Brett Cecil and I do notice that cards that ship to Canada have been selling for a lot more. The cecil red that just ended at 125 was a bit low too (and that was with me bidding it up to 125) and i personally didnt want to go higher because the buyer wrote in his description that he doesnt accept paypal from outside the usa. I think if he accepted paypal from canada, it would have gone higher and i would have definately put in a bigger bid.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
I would go as far to say for every Longoria there are 25 prospects....

AKA Coastal said:
thenumberonemetfan said:
[quote="AKA Coastal":de4rnqiw]More proof that the time to cash in on prospects is right before their MLB debuts or during a very hot streak in the minors.

and then theres Longoria

Yea, but for every Longoria you can name 10 prospcets that have fallen off after their debut's.[/quote:de4rnqiw]

ajbraves25

Aug 9, 2008
Springfield, IL
thenumberonemetfan said:
AKA Coastal said:

and then theres Longoria

I had that exact conversation just last night. I bought my Chrome auto for $75 and sold it for $110 last season before he came up. I made $35 and got out. Now they sell over $250. So did I really lose money? Not the way I see it. I couldve held on to it and made money, but the opposite if very possible as well. I had an Upton Chrome Blue refractor beginning of 08. Sold it for $325 at a show. Two weeks later it was selling for $600. Now look, I still made money versus the current values.

Sell now and laugh at those that bought Mark Prior Prospect Premieres autos over $150...

~AJ

jcmint

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
There are a few reasons why that card went that low. Those blues will still sell well

brouthercard

Jan 15, 2009
That card was not just off-centered badly on two sides- it was off centered badly on all four sides.

Remember what Mr. Mint said about investing in cards - condition, condition, condition.

Members online

Latest posts