Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Which of these HITTERS will most likely make the HOF

Which of these HITTERS will most likely make the Hall Of Fame

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
Pudge, Frank, Chipper, Thome, Kent, and Vizquel are locks. I don't think Helton makes it. Sheffield might, it all depends on if the voters will ever overlook his attitude.

Joe

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
No brainers:
Ivan Rodriguez
Frank Thomas

Very likely:
Chipper Jones
Jim Thome
Jeff Kent

Maybe:
Todd Helton
Gary Sheffield
Carlos Delgado
Omar Vizquel

No chance:
Luis Gonzalez

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
muskiesfan said:
Pudge, Frank, Chipper, Thome, Kent, and Vizquel are locks. I don't think Helton makes it. Sheffield might, it all depends on if the voters will ever overlook his attitude.

Joe
muskiesfan summed up everything I was thinking.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
MaineMule said:
No brainers:
Ivan Rodriguez
Frank Thomas

Very likely:
Chipper Jones
Jim Thome
Jeff Kent

Maybe:
Todd Helton
Gary Sheffield
Carlos Delgado
Omar Vizquel

No chance:
Luis Gonzalez

I agree with this but would move Chipper to the 'No Brainer' section..

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Bornagaincollector said:
Chipper Jones doesn't have hof #s to me.I think he gets in because of all the Playoff games he played in.

I agree the numbers are thin right now, but lets not kid ourselv's, numbers are only half the story and Jones is a rare breed of player. Considering the entire package, he is HOF today in my opinion. However, 400+ HR's, 2300+/- Hits, 1400+/- RBI's and a .310 BA Right now is not too shabby for a guy who played his whole carear on one team and has become beloved by his team, fans and the hobby alike. And as you have stated, plenty of playoff memories!

Lets also not forget here, he is a MVP winner. Infact, he has been in the MVP voting 11 times in his carear, 6 times in the top 10! He is just that rare type of player who is bigger than any stat one could calculate. A complete package, an icon to the hobby. Right now I believe, if he retired, he would get in. But, when its all said and done, he will have Ripkenesque' numbers. I believe you will see him for another 3-5 years and will end his carear with 2800+/- hits and 500+/- HR's with 1700+/- RBI's and a .310+/- BA...

At this point he will have become a legend.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
Does he have the second highest HRH totals among switch hitters as well?

I think if Ozzie is in, Omar should get it in as well.

As Much as I hate Kent, he deserves the nod as well.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
matfanofold said:
Bornagaincollector said:
Chipper Jones doesn't have hof #s to me.I think he gets in because of all the Playoff games he played in.

I agree the numbers are thin right now, but lets not kid ourselv's, numbers are only half the story and Jones is a rare breed of player. Considering the entire package, he is HOF today in my opinion. However, 400+ HR's, 2300+/- Hits, 1400+/- RBI's and a .310 BA Right now is not too shabby for a guy who played his whole carear on one team and has become beloved by his team, fans and the hobby alike. And as you have stated, plenty of playoff memories!

Lets also not forget here, he is a MVP winner. Infact, he has been in the MVP voting 11 times in his carear, 6 times in the top 10! He is just that rare type of player who is bigger than any stat one could calculate. A complete package, an icon to the hobby. Right now I believe, if he retired, he would get in. But, when its all said and done, he will have Ripkenesque' numbers. I believe you will see him for another 3-5 years and will end his carear with 2800+/- hits and 500+/- HR's with 1700+/- RBI's and a .310+/- BA...

I agree if he has 3-5 more years of putting up decent #'s.I believe he is lock alsoThats why i believe Thome a 1st ballot right now.He was so liked and loved in Cleveland in the 90's that is was crazy.

wildcat4

Aug 7, 2008
Southern Illinois
I didn't vote for Vizquel because the subject said "HITTERS". I do think he'll get in, but not because of his bat. Much like Ozzie Smith, it'll be his defense that gets him in.
Thomas, Thome, Chipper and Kent are locks, in my opinion.

-Steve

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
matfanofold said:
Bornagaincollector said:

I will add: As far as I know, no one questions his cleanliness in an era of chemically enhanced cheaters. He's in.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Jeff Kent will be a Hall Of Fame inductee. Anyone who doesn't believe that probably needs to check their stats.

The MVP doesn't hurt too.

timryan111

Aug 12, 2008
I would say only two for are locks. Thomas and Thome. Chipper most likely, Ivan possibly and no for the rest...

Members online