Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Index Card Autograph Collectors Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jakpi20

Aug 7, 2008
Lets see what some of you favorites are.

People who refuse to sign an Index card.

Whatever it is lets talk about it. Mine is freshly started and consists of mostly minor leaguers, but I will still show off if anyone wants to see!

PronkDH48

Aug 7, 2008
Wooster, OH
Sure let's see em! Here are mine. Some are custom ic's. Also have Bobby Thomson, Rafael Perez, and Bobby Doerr not scanned.

Parmelee.jpg
Neshek.jpg
Lynn.jpg
Longoria.jpg

and my favorite...

HamiltonTom.gif

Jakpi20

Aug 7, 2008
Wow, Nice Hamilton! Thats pretty cool!

Longoria? When did you get that?

I have only started this so I only have a few like I said but I got 'Super Joe' with a nice 80 ROY Inscription. Then I have Lonnie Chisenhall the Indians first Round Draft pick and then a few more Aeros players and a bunch of Mahoning Valley Scrappers players.

I like all your little things added to each of them, pretty cool

PronkDH48

Aug 7, 2008
Wooster, OH
Jakpi20 said:
Wow, Nice Hamilton! Thats pretty cool!

Longoria? When did you get that?

I have only started this so I only have a few like I said but I got 'Super Joe' with a nice 80 ROY Inscription. Then I have Lonnie Chisenhall the Indians first Round Draft pick and then a few more Aeros players and a bunch of Mahoning Valley Scrappers players.

I like all your little things added to each of them, pretty cool

Super Joe is pretty cool, especially with the inscription. I met him at a signing and me and a friend were literally the only ones there getting his autograph for a good 20 minutes. He talked to us for a little bit and stuff and it was awesome. Lonnie is another cool one. You get it in person or does he sign ttm? You go to a lot of Scrappers games? Go Aeros btw. :)

Jakpi20

Aug 7, 2008
I have only been to 3 Scrappers games so far but I plan on going to as many as I can for the rest of the year! I love Indians minor league games, including Akron which I have been about 7 or 8 times this year. Its great stuff.

I got Chisenhall IP, he is one the coolest guys I have talked to. Last game I went to he stood and talked with me for a few minutes about living in the area, how hes been doing lately and just the team in general. Pretty down to earth and has no problem signing for anyone and everyone

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I try to send off cards of players, instead of index cards. However, I've started carrying a few with me to minor league games to get signed by someone who doesn't have a card out yet. Ticket stubs are an excellent item for signatures at minor league games, if you don't have a card or index card.
DANNY

stlalways94

Aug 7, 2008
Here are my favorites: (I always send an IC with the card. Sometimes they sign it, sometime they don't)

Bob Doerr
DOERR.jpg

Chris Perez
7-2-200815539PM.jpg

Kyle McClellan
mcclellan.jpg

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
I have a bunch of signed IC just siting around here...But heres 2 that I did something with.

gordon.jpg

price.jpg

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Here are a couple of HOFers that I've had success with over the last 3+ months:

MacPhail.jpg
Morgan.jpg
WilliamsD.jpg

Waiting on a bunch more that I wonder if they'll ever get returned- Molitor, Lasorda, Sutton, Gossage, B. Williams. Anyone ever had success with any of these greats?

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I've had success with all five of those players on baseball cards. There are quite a few who refuse to sign index cards, however. I'm not sure how they are on those.
DANNY

MaineMule said:

MacPhail.jpg
Morgan.jpg
WilliamsD.jpg

Waiting on a bunch more that I wonder if they'll ever get returned- Molitor, Lasorda, Sutton, Gossage, B. Williams. Anyone ever had success with any of these greats?

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Thanks Danny, I have not analyzed the reasoning why one would or would not sign an index card vs. a baseball card. What is the reasoning out there for not signing an index card? I have certified on-card autos of all these names but like the simplicity of an autograph on an index card.

dano7 said:
I've had success with all five of those players on baseball cards. There are quite a few who refuse to sign index cards, however. I'm not sure how they are on those.
DANNY

MaineMule said:

MacPhail.jpg
Morgan.jpg
WilliamsD.jpg

Jakpi20

Aug 7, 2008
I know I have even had a few minor leaguers turn me down because it doesn't have a background. I even heard of someone who got their identity stolen from signing autographs. I can't even remember who it was though.

THANKS FOR SHARING EVERYONE!

stlalways94

Aug 7, 2008
stlalways94 said:
Here are my favorites: (I always send an IC with the card. Sometimes they sign it, sometime they don't)

Bob Doerr
DOERR.jpg

Chris Perez
7-2-200815539PM.jpg

Kyle McClellan
mcclellan.jpg

Just got my best one in the mail!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
RobinYount.jpg

(Robin Yount)

Jakpi20

Aug 7, 2008
Nice Yount! Gotta love it when you get a nice former Major Leaguer Like that

Jakpi20

Aug 7, 2008
Just got a David Roberts (Indians 4th Round Pick) to due an Inscription on an index card stating his round, year and overall pick numbers, very cool.

I was also looking through the Indians Draft picks from the last three years and I watch some of them play a lot so I think I am going to start asking for inscriptions of their Pick Numbers!

Members online

Latest posts