Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Pettitte rejects Yanks $10 million offer. Pettitte a phony?

Is Andy Pettitte a phony?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Aug 7, 2008
Long Island, NY
http://zellspinstripeblog.com/2008/12/0 ... e-a-phony/

I’m a big fan of Andy’s..so I won’t start with the name calling…haha, but Joel Sherman thinks Andy Pettitte is a phony if he leaves the Yankees.

Andy Pettitte lied and cheated, but the Yankees stood by him anyway. They invited him back to the Yankees with open arms. Now the time has come..where Andy wants to be a Yankee & the Yankees want him back, but he isn’t willing to take a pay cut. He made $16 million last year and he didn’t play very well. The Yankees want him to take a pay cut, but he isn’t budging.

1179968534_2920.jpg

According to sources, Andy was offered $10 million from the NY Yankees to return next year, but he rejected the offer. The Yankees not offering him arbitration makes Pettitte more available to other teams. Now other clubs don’t need to give up first-round draft picks for him. A lot of people didn’t even want Andy back, so I wonder what the reaction will be if he leaves.

yankees097498649fs9.jpg

lordsepic

Aug 9, 2008
The yankees accept all roiders back because they need their talent not because they are some great 2nd chance givers... clemmens, giambi, sheffield... Pettite is a pro.. .if they wanted him they would have offered him arb so he got his 16 mil while they are offering cc 439842834098423 a year... EFF the yankees and their "open arms"

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
Uhh, they took him back because they realized how much the replacements for him stunk. They have never treated him right from the first time. I doubt he "loves" them.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
I like Andy. However, performance-wise...I think his better years may be behind him. His salary should be incentive based. $10 mil base salary and bonuses for certain milestones. Let him prove he still "has it".

JoshHamilton

Aug 7, 2008
A phony? Yankees fans are even more retarded than I previously thought, if that's even possible.

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
Why do you link your blog and put pictures of whatever you are talking about in every thread you make?

MallCopKJ

Aug 22, 2008
I think hes leaving the Yankees because he wants to go play for Joe Torres. Did he sign with the Yankees before or after Torres left and Girardi was hired? For some reason I had the feeling he really didnt like him, or the direction the team was going in once the season started.

nborton said:
Uhh, they took him back because they realized how much the replacements for him stunk. They have never treated him right from the first time. I doubt he "loves" them.

Pett is still burnt over the thing that happened after the 2000 season i believe it was. The year could be wrong. His contract was up and he beat Steinbrenner in arbitration. Do you know how many big games he won during that dynasty run? That man deserved to get paid. Steinbrenner didnt like the fact that someone was gonna tell him how much he had to pay. There is no love lost. Pettite i think was the hurt the first time he ever had to negotiate a deal with them. Which eventually ended up with him goin to Houston.

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Big Mac McGwire said:
nborton said:

Pett is still burnt over the thing that happened after the 2000 season i believe it was. The year could be wrong. His contract was up and he beat Steinbrenner in arbitration. Do you know how many big games he won during that dynasty run? That man deserved to get paid. Steinbrenner didnt like the fact that someone was gonna tell him how much he had to pay. There is no love lost. Pettite i think was the hurt the first time he ever had to negotiate a deal with them. Which eventually ended up with him goin to Houston.

Then why would he have come back to the Yanks if he was so "burnt"?

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
How can you judge him? God TOLD him to reject the offer.

Where is the roll your eyes smiley when I need one?

Pettitte always has been, and always will be, a me first ****** bag. I can't believe how many people in Houston still like him and want him back. If he ever pitches in MMP again and I'm there I will boo him until I lose my voice. I really can't stand that lying chump.

Members online

Latest posts