Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

EBAY WATCHER POLL

What is the highest number of watchers you have ever had on an eBay item?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
I have a card on ebay right now (the one in my sig) that currently has well over 100 watchers. I have rarely heard of auctions with more watchers than that so I was interested how many watchers was the most you have ever had on an eBay auction that you listed?

It's really exciting, and I definitely feel like paying the extra $20 for featured listing (where the card shows up at the top of the search and purple) was worth it.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Re: Here's an actual topic...EBAY WATCHER POLL

Nice. I think my high before this was in the 20s, but I haven't sold too many high end cards on ebay yet. It really is fun to watch though.

NerfXerks

Aug 7, 2008

I got 38 once on a Ryan Braun 2005 Sterling Refractor.

Attachments

• *******.jpg
    *******.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 17

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA

i had over 100 last year onmy lincy auto printing plate out of bowman chrome. sold to Wossa..... for $1500 :D

brumbach

I have found little correlation between watchers and the final price. The few items I have had with more than 30 watchers have had little or no activity at the end and ended at or below the expected price. Yet everytime I get a lot of watchers on something I get suckered into the hype that never materializes.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

brumbach said:
I have found little correlation between watchers and the final price. The few items I have had with more than 30 watchers have had little or no activity at the end and ended at or below the expected price. Yet everytime I get a lot of watchers on something I get suckered into the hype that never materializes.

Yeah I was just talkin to someone about this last night. Having more watchers doesn't actually increase the value of your card, but it definitely gives you a better chance of seeing a last minute bid war since so many people have your card on their radar at the same time.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis

Coincidentally, the auction now has 998 views too...far more than I ever would have counted on.

NerfXerks

Aug 7, 2008

Billy Martin and Thurman Munson... memories, memories.

shuedini

Aug 7, 2008
Indiana

ALL_THE_HYPE said:
I have a card on ebay right now (the one in my sig) that currently has 117 watchers. I have rarely heard of auctions with more watchers than that so I was interested how many watchers was the most you have ever had on an eBay auction that you listed?

It's really exciting, and I definitely feel like paying the extra $20 for featured listing (where the card shows up at the top of the search and purple) was worth it.

I'm one of them. :D I just really wanted to see what the card would sell for.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada

jarcar said:
The most I've ever had is 103. I usually have between 50 and 80 at one time.

OK i'm an idiot, (see all the members rush to add jarcar to their ignore list) I thought you ment how many cards I have watched at one time... ya I know stupid. ;)

The most I have had watching on one of my auctions is 28.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Bump for any new members who want to take the quick poll..

And it's up to 140 watchers with under a day and a half left. It ends tomorrow (Sunday) night so I think it still could pick up a number of watchers today

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts