Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OPINION POLL: Fail or Fantastic? Thanks for the Input

OPINION POLL: Fail or Fantastic? Original Design

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Phishmon23

Aug 7, 2008
Boston, MA
Re: OPINION POLL: Fail or Fantastic? Original Design

I REALLY like the GU and the Autograph cards, however on the base and prospect cards I don't really like the wood tone towards the bottom of the card. I know other people would probably really like that...that trend has been popular in the past! Definitely a matter of opinion. In general however, I'm super impressed!

-Jason

wideright

Aug 7, 2008

Shocked that you've gotten some Fail votes! :lol: Those are a nice set, i like how the game-used and autos have the football shaped areas.

MattinglyAlexander

Dec 17, 2008
Knoxville, TN

eh, you can't please everyone. ;) You know, the "football shape never ever dawned on me. Guess it's destined to be a football set.

If someone doesn't like them, I wish they'd at least explain. ;)

wideright said:
Shocked that you've gotten some Fail votes! :lol: Those are a nice set, i like how the game-used and autos have the football shaped areas.

G

I think they look good. So it is your idea right? not something one of the car companies
are going to put out soon correct? I vote good

marterburn

I don't really like the "graph paper" effect on the the autos and GU'd, and if the GU'd were to be produced I think you'd have a lot of creasing issues (with the die cut creasing out to the side). Other than that though, they're beautiful.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008

FAIL!!!

Just kidding, felt like saying that and feeling younger...... They look great.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008

I voted Fail.

Simply put, I just do not like the look at all. Sure, it's better than I could do and a give a + for ambition. But as a cars set, I would not look twice at them as they are just not appealing to me. And I collect whats appealing to me, not the herd. Hopefully you will respect my opinion and take it for what it's worth..

Good luck though! :)

MattinglyAlexander

Dec 17, 2008
Knoxville, TN

Well, do you really think I'd have posted this if I couldn't handle it? :D
Believe me, it's not like I expect everyone to love them. It's ok....

~loads bolt action winchester 30/30~

matfanofold said:
I voted Fail.

Simply put, I just do not like the look at all. Sure, it's better than I could do and a give a + for ambition. But as a cars set, I would not look twice at them as they are just not appealing to me. And I collect whats appealing to me, not the herd. Hopefully you will respect my opinion and take it for what it's worth..

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008

MattinglyAlexander said:
Well, do you really think I'd have posted this if I couldn't handle it? :D
Believe me, it's not like I expect everyone to love them. It's ok....

~loads bolt action winchster 30/30~

matfanofold said:
I voted Fail.

I'd just like to add they do have a polished, professional look, so if that was your goal, you indeed passed! It's just I took the poll as personal prefrence. I wish I had the talent to design whats in my head!

Jurgy25

Aug 14, 2008
Northern California

Cool design, just kind of reminds me of like a Nabisco card, or cards inserted in a bag of chips. Auto and GU are pretty cool though.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009

For the most part, they are great, but I tend to agree with the poster about the wood look at the bottom.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008

I like the design. For me it looks like it would be a great design for a lower end set that would appeal to kids. Just my opinion.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008

Pine Tar said:
I think they look good. So it is your idea right? not something one of the car companies
are going to put out soon correct? I vote good

Sorry, I know you meant something else but this made me :lol:

Members online

Latest posts