Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

"Stolen" cards to keep an eye out for...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
To keep the story as short as possible I sold around $40 worth of cards to ebayer "simale". At first they claimed that 2 cards that sold for $1 and $1.76 were not centered, I offered them to return them, but they wanted a partial refund. Looking at this users feedback history I saw they hold top sellers hostage for feedback. I asked how much he wanted and he asked for $1.64. Knowing if I didn't give the refund I would get negatives I just gave the $1.64.

The day after I gave that refund the buyer than opened a PayPal dispute claiming 4 other cards were missing in the package for $17 more. These 4 cards were 2010 Bowman Chrome LADSON MONTGOMERY Gold Refractors. PayPal has since gone on to give him a refund for these cards even though I tracked the package I sent him.

I have already been in touch with his local police department, and have reached out to some of the other sellers he has sabotaged. I told the officer that I know that this is only $17 but I wanted something in writing to potentially stop him from keeping this up. The officer didn't seem to blow it off, especially since I have 2 other sellers willing to explain similiar situations.

What he is too dumb to realize I guess is these are serial numbered so they can be tracked. The numbers are 23/50, 29/50, 33/50, and 41/50. Here is what the card looks like...

MontgomeryGold.jpg

If anyone happens to come across any of these please let me know, I would appreciate it. The buyer is from Racine, WI.

Thanks!

A_Pharis

From his feedback left for others:

"Thanks!! Seller:
Member id tscardstore ( Feedback Score Of 2799Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999)
Dec-15-10 19:53

Follow-up by simale (Dec-15-10 20:46):
Told Me:"Least I could do was issue U a refund for $1.64 since I f*ked your mom"

-- (#120648483647) -- View Item"

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
A_Pharis said:
From his feedback left for others:

"Thanks!! Seller:
Member id tscardstore ( Feedback Score Of 2799Red star icon for feedback score in between 1,000 to 4,999)
Dec-15-10 19:53

Follow-up by simale (Dec-15-10 20:46):
Told Me:"Least I could do was issue U a refund for $1.64 since I f*ked your mom"

-- (#120648483647) -- View Item"

:oops:

fattymacs

Dec 3, 2010
Thanks for the heads-up on this worthless turd. Blocked Bidder List here he comes.

Hopefully this puke will get his someday soon.

Original Boski

Oct 28, 2010
Looks like dude deleted his account, I've tried to add him to my cannot buy list and eBay reports invalid username.

Anthony

Nov 20, 2008
San Diego area
I usually don't attract chrome buyers in the first place, but since I am getting 3 boxes of draft I was sure to add this person to the blocked bidder list. Thanks for the heads up.

RZimm11

Feb 4, 2009
Sports Fan Stoner said:
Looks like dude deleted his account, I've tried to add him to my cannot buy list and eBay reports invalid username.

use a small 's' for the name, not capital.

roundtree34

Aug 9, 2008
where is the buyer from? that way people might be able to keep an eye open if the area has any card shops or shows.

isotopes4

Feb 27, 2009
roundtree34 said:
where is the buyer from? that way people might be able to keep an eye open if the area has any card shops or shows.

Racine, WI

its in the original post

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
This is an old topic, but wanted to give a bump since there are some updates...

To follow up from my original post, I actually had 9 other ebay members respond and say they experienced similar ebay situations as what I did. I gave all of them the contact information for the officer I spoke to.

I followed up in February since I never heard back from the officer (originally contacted in December) asking for any updates and he responded saying there were none. I figured at this point he wasn't going to waste his time.

Today out of the blue, I received an email from the officer stating he finally spoke to this person and they admitted to getting refunds back from PayPal. The officer said he is working on trying to set up a meeting with this person and asked a few other questions.

That is all of the information I received but at the very least I hope this scared the guy enough to stop trying to rip people off.

Jeff D

Mar 28, 2009
Awesome to hear the police are willing to do something. Even if they don't have a team of detectives working around the clock to break the case open, at least calling the guy, asking him to come in, or even stoping by his place for a visit is huge in making these dirtbags realize PayPal/eBay scams aren't just free money with no consequences.

It really only takes an officer a few minutes to call a scammer, but in many cases that would be enough to make that person stop their stealing. So kudos to you in taking the time (and risking the embarrassment of being laughed at by the cops) to report this guy. If someone walked into a store and stole $17 out of a tip jar, or a box of 20 candy bars, the cops would care. No reason they shouldn't be as receptive to someone from out of state making a complaint of stealing over the internet.

elainebenice

Dec 1, 2009
Alabama
I'm glad you bumped this up b/c I hadn't seen it before.

Original Boski said:

Did/does anyone else find it odd that the buyer deleted his ebay account the day someone posted his userid on this message board? According to all the posts, its my understanding this buyer had done this several times to various sellers before the OP's experience and I'm sure they had all been through the same paypal circus, traded emails, etc with the guy, but he didn't delete his account until this was posted here......makes me think the guy is a member or at the very least reads this board.

just my 2 cents.....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts