Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My adventures buying a 1984 Topps Traded set

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pills

Aug 7, 2008
As you may or may not know, I'm trying to get every base Topps set from 1978 forward. I'm included traded/update sets in this as well. 1984 was one of the ones I didn't have ('82, '83, '95, some '01, and a crapload of '02 SPs are the others).

I won the first auction, which promised a complete set, NM cards. Shipping was a bit slow. I opened the package and found the cards in a white box (OK, the normal Traded box wasn't promised, but it was shown in the picture). Over half of the cards had MAJOR dings on the corners. Luckily, the Gooden was in a penny sleeve and fine. Also, the checklist was missing. I messaged the seller, and he refunded me a part of the payment, so I was satisfied. He was actually pretty nice about it.

Of course, I still needed a satisfactory set, so I bought another. The auction was titled "1984 TOPPS TRADED COMPLETE SET OF 132 / GOODEN ROOKIE". Guess which card wasn't in the box? Two messages to the seller, no reply. I'm about to go to paypal. No matter what, the guy's getting a negative.

Whee.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
man that sucks... best of luck working that out. What a drag getting kinda screwed twice.

Members online

Latest posts