Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Ultimate Nolan Ryan available?? Finest Refractor Promo!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
*whistles*

I remember reading about those promos....that's the first time I've seen a pic of an actual NR example. Nice....way out of my league.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
sneekc said:
so how can you tell its a promo and not a regular refractor?

Promo is the base silver look the true pack inserted card is the All-Star Green card. It also has promo language on the back of the card.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
My question when I saw the pics is why is the card laying outside of any protective holder? Is that a more "sellable" presentation for this card with it all curled up and laying on a hard surface?

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
wideright said:
My question when I saw the pics is why is the card laying outside of any protective holder? Is that a more "sellable" presentation for this card with it all curled up and laying on a hard surface?

I'm sure he did that to get the best angle for the "refractor" process to show up so the buyer can see the difference between the regular promo and the refractor promo. As someone who takes lots of pictures and gets made fun of for holding the cards, sometimes, it takes just the right angle to get a good picture.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
It's rare cards like these that get player collectors going nuts. Many times it takes 10+ years to finally figure out certain cards actually exist. Then they really get collectible.

Members online

Latest posts