Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

In Honor of Chipper Annoucing Retirement-Show off Best card!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ChipperFanInChicago

Jan 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Hey guys. I wanted to start this thread in honor of Chipper announcing his retirement at the end of the 2012 Season. I know i am not the only Chipper Collector on this board, and wanted everyone to show off their best/favorite Chipper Jones card(s), maybe even share a favorite memory/personal story about Chipper. Little upsetting that he is hurt yet again and will begin his final season the DL, but figured i would do this anyway! Thanks for showing your best stuff! GO BRAVES!

Here are my two favorite cards of his that i own:
logomen-1.jpg

marqueeset5.jpg

My favorite memory was when i got my game used batting gloves signed by him. I could go back and point out a bunch of memories i had of him during his career, but there are just too many i'd be typing for hours. I'll never forget he hit a homerun last summer at a Cubs game and the year before when i was in Atlanta. Glad i got to witness a few big flies of his. Can't wait until May when i try to get a few more things autographed by him while he is in Chicago playing the cubs for one last time. A few personal items that i want to display in the near future!

abravesfan

Aug 10, 2008
Favorite memory is from when he came through Richmond ('93 I believe) when I was a kid, got his autograph and saw him hit a grandslam.

chippersppatch.jpg

chipperpreview.jpg

ChipperFanInChicago

Jan 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
yes. said he is retiring after this season. But he is on DL to start the season because of torn meniscus in his knee that he tore an hour before the press conf. to announce his retirement after the season. I hope he can play a majority of the season and go out with a bang!

manningmurphyfan

Aug 17, 2008
Moved to the Atlanta are last fall and will get to watch them play on Apr 18. I have the 'rainbow' of this card - /3, /15, /30.

Chipper1-1.jpg

Anderdale

Aug 30, 2011
I have basically grew up watching Chipper play. He was playing for the Braves before I watched baseball. My favorite memory of his is a few years back we went on his birthday weekend and he hit a towering HR. I have actually been to 2 of his birthday games and both times he tore it up.

cj.jpg

ChipperFanInChicago

Jan 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
there are some sweet chipper cards in these posts. thanks to everyone who has shared thus far! Great seeing cards i haven't seen before and hear great memories of one of the best switch hitters/3rd basemen in the game!

Voices

Feb 5, 2011
best memories i have so far is being able to watch a few games on the third base line,also all the autographs i have recieved in person from him over the years, including this upcoming season.You know he dont sign much but when he does hes pretty fair about it.i plan on being at alot of the games this year including the start and finish of it.He will be missed on the field.

ChipperFanInChicago

Jan 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Voices said:
best memories i have so far is being able to watch a few games on the third base line,also all the autographs i have recieved in person from him over the years, including this upcoming season.You know he dont sign much but when he does hes pretty fair about it.i plan on being at alot of the games this year including the start and finish of it.He will be missed on the field.

I agree 100% with everything you just said!

mlbsalltimegreats

Aug 7, 2008
Most of my Chipper Pick ups are in anticipation that he will be a future Hofer. Chipper is a Fine player and a 1st Ballot Hofer in my eyes.

AlbertPujolsQuadPatch7of20.jpg

ChipperJonesPatchGlove12of25_0001.jpg

ChipperJonesPatch3of10_0001.jpg

ChipperJonesPatch39of75.jpg

ChipperJonesJumboPatch28of35_0001.jpg

ChipperJonesSUPERpatchStripes.jpg

ChipperJonesJumboPatch9of20.jpg

ChipperJonesRoadJryAuto3of10.jpg

ChipperJonesLetterNBook1of1.jpg

ChipperJonesMLBlogoPatch3of3-1.jpg

Members online

Latest posts