Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 BOWMAN CHROME PREVIEW INFORMATION

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Pics can be found in the link: http://www.beckett.com/news/2012/04/first-look-2012-bowman-chrome-baseball-cards/

FIRST LOOK: 2012 BOWMAN CHROME BASEBALL CARDS

By Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor

Get ready, Chromies, you now have a new date to mark on the calendar.

Topps unveiled the first look and basic set information for 2012 Bowman Chrome on Thursday, the latest chapter in the always-beloved brand that will pack a bit more punch this year.

Set to arrive on Oct. 17, it will include one Chrome autograph per box and every third box (12 boxes per case) will include an extra autograph, too. (Need a full checklist of past Bowman Chrome sets or an OPG? click here.)

Among the big names to be found in this one autograph-wise will be top names Yu Darvish, Bryce Harper and Yoenis Cespedes along with at least 35 prospects, a lineup that will include Jonathan Singleton, Matt Sczcur, Jake Marisnick, Pratt Maynard, Nick Catsellanos and Shawon Dunston Jr. among others.

Each pack will contain two base cards and two prospect cards. The base set will consist of 220 players, 50 of those rookies, while the prospects set will contain 110 players and also to be found will be 45 Futures Game cards.

As always the Chrome will be heavily paralleled with standard, Blue (250), Purple (199), Gold (50), Orange (25), Red (5) and SuperFractors (1/1) as Refractors for each standard and each prospect card.The autographs will have the same breakdown with standard Refractors limited to 500, Blues to 150, Golds to 50, Orange to 25, Purple to 10, Red to five and autographed printing plates joining the Supers on the 1/1 roster.

Non-prospect set insert cards will include a 25-card Legends in the Making diecut set (also with autographed versions limited to 15 or fewer copies) and Franchise All-Stars (a combo card of Futures Game players and MLB All-Stars) which also will be found signed. Players tentatively slated to have Legends autos include Albert Pujols, Cespedes, Darvish, Buster Posey, Clayton Kershaw and Felix Hernandez.

The Futures Game cards will be found one per box (18 packs) on Refractor stock and will have Patch Relics and Autographed Patches as well.

Rounding out the lineup will be the next offering in the Bowman Black multi-brand line — 25 new players signing here, including Darvish — while all base cards and prospect cards will also have printing plates.

Last edited:

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
While I like the idea of an extra auto in every third box, do we really need another Harper??

No surprise about Castellanos and Marisnick. I know of a certain FCBer who won't like this news.

I'm already on the hunt for a preliminary CL. If someone else finds it, post it here please.

Last edited:

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
While I like the idea of an extra auto in every third box, do we really need another Harper??

No surprise about Castellanos and Marisnick. I know of a certain FCBer who doesn't like this news.

I'm already on the hunt for a preliminary CL. If someone else finds it, post it here please.

Sure, he has a TON out already. Still selling quite well, but think, this comes out in OCT.
He'll more than likely be at the show already, and the demand for his stuff should still be pretty crazy.

And who knows, with the Nats doing well early, imagine his prices if the Nats are in the playoffs, and even the world series, and the kid is doing well!
NO ONE will be complaining about getting ANOTHER Bryce Harper Auto!

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
If a "highlight" is a guy I have never heard of, i.e. Pratt Maynard, then I just can't get too excited about this product yet. Hopefully Soler will be named a free agent and signed by then and he can beef this up a bit, cause at this juncture it's looking a bit frail

WaxPax

As always the Chrome will be heavily paralleled with standard, Blue (250), Purple (199), Gold (50), Orange (25), Red (5) and SuperFractors (1/1) as Refractors for each standard and each prospect card.The autographs will have the same breakdown with standard Refractors limited to 500, Blues to 150, Golds to 50, Orange to 25, Purple to 10, Red to five and autographed printing plates joining the Supers on the 1/1 roster.

Can they please figure out where a Purple Refractor should be seeded already....Meaning in this release, it is between Blue and Gold, except if it is a auto the it's between a Red and an orange, but if it's retail, it's between a base and a plain refractor...End rant

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Not an auto checklist, though, which is understable since it's way too early for that to be anywhere close to finalized

This is why Topps usually releases this info WAY too early - not nearly enough info in advance. They just want you to lock in asap, and take a leap of faith from there.

Wonder why there was more info in advance of 2012 Bowman, but not here.....

tm decomposer

Aug 29, 2010
JP, do you have a link for the Bowman checklist? I tweeted topps and they had no information, which is kinda BS being people should know what they pre-ordered for.

Nice to see Hellweg get a chrome.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
A couple of further observations:

1) Topps actually uses the word "sticker" on the sell sheets for the insert autos. Surprised they'd be so forthcoming.

2) Non-autographed Purple Refs are #d to 199. Quite a bit less than in previous years.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
JP, do you have a link for the Bowman checklist? I tweeted topps and they had no information, which is kinda BS being people should know what they pre-ordered for.

Nice to see Hellweg get a chrome.

Here's the preliminary CL.

http://magazine-exchange.com/product_downloads/pdf/2012BowmanBaseballHobbyChecklistSheet1.pdf

The complete prospect auto CL can be found here:

APRIL 5 UPDATE: FINAL PROSPECT AUTO CHECKLIST

Andrelton Simmons Braves
Andrew Susac Giants
Anthony Rendon Nationals
Austin Hedges Padres
Brandon Drury Atlanta Braves
Brandon Jacobs Red Sox
Bryan Brickhouse Royals
Carlos Martinez Cardinals
Charlie Tilson Cardinals
Cheslor Cuthbert Royals
Clay Holmes Pirates
Daniel Norris Blue Jays
Danny Hultzen Mariners
Dante Bichette Jr. New York Yankees
Dean Green Detroit Tigers
Dillon Howard Indians
Dillon Maples Cubs
Drew Hutchison Blue Jays
Eddie Rosario Minnesota Twins
Eric Arce Blue Jays
Gerrit Cole Pirates
Greg Bird Yankees
Jackie Bradley Jr. Red Sox
Jacob Anderson Blue Jays
Jeimer Candelario Chicago Cubs
Joc Pederson Los Angeles Dodgers
Joe Ross San Diego Padres
Josh Bell Pirates
Julio Rodriguez Phillies
Kes Carter Tampa Bay Rays
Matt Purke Nationals
Nick Delmonico Orioles
Nick Maronde Angels
Oscar Taveras Cardinals
Rookie Davis New York Yankees
Tommy Joseph Giants
Tyler Collins Detroit Tigers
Xander Bogaerts Red Sox

WaxPax

Darvish & Cespedes??

Here's the preliminary CL.

http://magazine-exchange.com/product_downloads/pdf/2012BowmanBaseballHobbyChecklistSheet1.pdf

The complete prospect auto CL can be found here:

APRIL 5 UPDATE: FINAL PROSPECT AUTO CHECKLIST

Andrelton Simmons Braves
Andrew Susac Giants
Anthony Rendon Nationals
Austin Hedges Padres
Brandon Drury Atlanta Braves
Brandon Jacobs Red Sox
Bryan Brickhouse Royals
Carlos Martinez Cardinals
Charlie Tilson Cardinals
Cheslor Cuthbert Royals