Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1998 Select

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dec 18, 2008
images

Has anyone seen any other player of this card? This is the only one I've ever seen...anyone know who else is in this set?

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL

dodgerblue

Jul 12, 2012
This is a great thread - educational, informative, and useful! Much thanks to the OP and all the contributors. Here's a few Maddux Select that I have picked up over time. Have the One Star (#2), Two Star (#102), the Five Star Bonus (#43/50) and the Select Numbers. Never seen the Three Star of Four Star (given the numbering, those should be #177 and 227 respectively).

MadduxGreg_1998SelectOneStar-Copy.jpg

MadduxGreg_1998SelectTwoStar_BGS9.jpg

MadduxGreg_1998SelectFiveStar_Copy.jpg

MadduxGreg_1998SelectNumbers_Copy.jpg

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
This is a great thread - educational, informative, and useful! Much thanks to the OP and all the contributors. Here's a few Maddux Select that I have picked up over time. Have the One Star (#2), Two Star (#102), the Five Star Bonus (#43/50) and the Select Numbers. Never seen the Three Star of Four Star (given the numbering, those should be #177 and 227 respectively).

MadduxGreg_1998SelectOneStar-Copy.jpg

MadduxGreg_1998SelectTwoStar_BGS9.jpg

MadduxGreg_1998SelectFiveStar_Copy.jpg

MadduxGreg_1998SelectNumbers_Copy.jpg

Man I would love to have those.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Recently picked up this card...we should add to the checklist! Don't think this has appeared before, at least according to the baseballcardpedia website.

1998 Select Jersey Numbers Quasar Level One Pedro Martinez card, #00/00

MartinezPedro_1998SelectJerseyNumbersLevelOne_00_merged.jpg

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Recently picked up this card...we should add to the checklist! Don't think this has appeared before, at least according to the baseballcardpedia website.

1998 Select Jersey Numbers Quasar Level One Pedro Martinez card, #00/00

MartinezPedro_1998SelectJerseyNumbersLevelOne_00_merged.jpg

Where did you find it? I maintain the gallery and the checklist, so I'll add it to both.

exigussrex

Sep 17, 2010
los angeles
Love the 98 Select stuff...what do the Selected SAMPLE cards usually go far? There's a Nomar that's been on eBay with a BIN of $5.00 that I should probably just buy.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Love the 98 Select stuff...what do the Selected SAMPLE cards usually go far? There's a Nomar that's been on eBay with a BIN of $5.00 that I should probably just buy.

easy to find. you can buy an unopened set for about $10 on ebay if you are patient. I'd pay no more than $5 if I needed one particular card.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
From another collector, PM me if you need more details...they have a trade list posted online with some other 98 select cards. I haven't cross-checked it with your master list yet but there may be a few other cards that had not yet been identified.

Where did you find it? I maintain the gallery and the checklist, so I'll add it to both.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
From another collector, PM me if you need more details...they have a trade list posted online with some other 98 select cards. I haven't cross-checked it with your master list yet but there may be a few other cards that had not yet been identified.

Did you snag this one recently?
i-zQcX2cW-M.jpg

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
^yeah, was quite happy to see it turn up...just got it in the mail and unfortunately the condition is pretty rough...lots of chipping around the edges. not sure if this was common for the jersey number level 3 cards or not.

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
^yeah, that's what I figured about looking at some other scans. I guess a slightly chipped card is better than none at all :)

Members online

Latest posts