14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rare Form Griffey

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think after some people that spend $500 plus a card, they will come out of the wood work. How many people that worked there took 1000 count boxes out the door and were afraid to sell them right away in fear of being prosecuted for theft. Then they put them in closets and just forgot about them for the last 20 years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tidel144 View Post
    Similarly, Iíve never send a 3-Star Griffey base, nor have some of the other Griffey guys. Itís odd bc weíve collectively seen every other base/Jersey Number parallel/insert from this set except that base.
    Yeah its the only Frank Thomas I need likely will never see since many have got trashed and they are all so rare as is.
    Frank Thomas super collector always buying what I don't have!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by soxcolts View Post
    Yeah its the only Frank Thomas I need likely will never see since many have got trashed and they are all so rare as is.
    Just realized that Iíve never seen a 3-Star Base of any player. Really peculiar.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nosterbor View Post
    I think after some people that spend $500 plus a card, they will come out of the wood work. How many people that worked there took 1000 count boxes out the door and were afraid to sell them right away in fear of being prosecuted for theft. Then they put them in closets and just forgot about them for the last 20 years.
    I optimistically disagree. While I could be wrong, I donít believe Ď98 Select was far enough in production for there to be multiple 1000ct boxes of product made, let alone an amount that high that escaped the destruction process and was backdoored. It was supposed to be a September 1998 release and the MLBP Inc. terminated Pinnacleís license on July 21st.

I also believe that if a lot of product was indeed produced and survived, we all would have seen many more copies surface from this set and Ď98 Pinnacle Certified after almost 20 years.

However, I could be wrong, naive, misinformed or all of the above as all of these thoughts are speculative.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've shown these before. I'd be interested in a Rare Form that's NOT chipped and damaged and basically ANY 1998 Select Clemens available

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rare Form Griffey
    Nice, Yours?
    Let the MLB know youíd like to see UD back. The license comes up in a couple years and they listen on social media.

Mentioned
    160 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ryan
    Will Clark / Mike Brown Collector
    ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ODDBALL, REGIONAL, TEAM ISSUED, VARIATIONS, AND TOUGH CARDS OF WILL CLARK AND MIKE BROWN

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I optimistically disagree. While I could be wrong, I don’t believe ‘98 Select was far enough in production for there to be multiple 1000ct boxes of product made, let alone an amount that high that escaped the destruction process and was backdoored. It was supposed to be a September 1998 release and the MLBP Inc. terminated Pinnacle’s license on July 21st.

I also believe that if a lot of product was indeed produced and survived, we all would have seen many more copies surface from this set and ‘98 Pinnacle Certified after almost 20 years.

However, I could be wrong, naive, misinformed or all of the above as all of these thoughts are speculative.
    I agree with you. I do think it's a pretty safe bet that there are at least 3 copies of the Levels 1, 2 and 4 base cards and one copy of each level of the Jersey Numbers parallels. I also think there are actually 50 copies of each of the 5 Star Bonus cards.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Website and gallery once again updated.

@tidel144 do you have scans of the Jeter and McGwire sets?

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I own two copies each of the jersey number 1 and 3 Star. They have been acquired at different times so hard to say. One pair was part of a full set but not sure if others just made it out as singles?

Quote Originally Posted by AUTaxMan View Post
    I agree with you. I do think it's a pretty safe bet that there are at least 3 copies of the Levels 1, 2 and 4 base cards and one copy of each level of the Jersey Numbers parallels. I also think there are actually 50 copies of each of the 5 Star Bonus cards.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by magicpapa View Post
    Nice, Yours?
    Yes indeed

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I also think there are actually 50 copies of each of the 5 Star Bonus cards.
    Strongly agree with you - my 5-Star Bonus is 47/50:

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Website and gallery once again updated.

@tidel144 do you have scans of the Jeter and McGwire sets?
    Awesome.

Here are the Jeters:
    1, 2, & 4-Star Base + 1-4 Star Jersey Number Parallel

McGwire pictures didnít send originally bc of bad glare - however, see below. Hoping to get a better picture of these all and will share if so:

McGwire 1, 2, & 4-Star Base

McGwire 1-4 Star Jersey Number Parallel

Lastly, here is an up-close of a Chipper Rare Form

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Awesome.

Here are the Jeters:
    1, 2, & 4-Star Base + 1-4 Star Jersey Number Parallel

McGwire pictures didn’t send originally bc of bad glare - however, see below. Hoping to get a better picture of these all and will share if so:

McGwire 1, 2, & 4-Star Base

McGwire 1-4 Star Jersey Number Parallel

Lastly, here is an up-close of a Chipper Rare Form
    Are these all yours?

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast