Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Weekly Pickup Thread: 5/7 - 5/13

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Uh oh.... Someone has a little brother...

$(KGrHqF,!iUE9juP+tjUBPrHzn37yg~~60_12.JPG

Didn't realize he had a card.

He played for the Keene Swampbats (same summer league as the Mountaineers) in 2010. Andre played for the Swampbats as well.

alexs64

Jul 28, 2010
Moreno Valley, Ca
Didn't realize he had a card.

He played for the Keene Swampbats (same summer league as the Mountaineers) in 2010. Andre played for the Swampbats as well.

I didn't realize either! And when i popped a blaster, I noticed I had a base card of him. Then I did a little eBay search. LOL

Then I read the back of the card and it said he played for the Swampbats like his bro.

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
I didn't realize either! And when i popped a blaster, I noticed I had a base card of him. Then I did a little eBay search. LOL

Then I read the back of the card and it said he played for the Swampbats like his bro.

Cool!

I have been to more than a few Mountineers games in Keene.

They have one of the weirdest fields I have ever been too.

How many parks are 35' deeper to right than dead center field?

keene.jpg

That red dot in the parking lot? That's the Centerfield Fence in Vermont!! (419ft) Needless to say, the Swampbats hit a LOT of HRs.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Went a little wild recently:

I find it almost ridiculous how cheap these are:

$(KGrHqNHJDEE9ow5+j9qBPpu+IWru!~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqV,!nME9g(F02SzBPqRymVP5Q~~60_12.JPG

Maddux, for roughly 2/3 what the previous one went for

$(KGrHqVHJCEE92NyKZMqBPoyoypQUw~~60_12.JPG

I have the /100 version of this card. Not a great picture on this /250 version, but pleased to snag it:
$(KGrHqV,!rME-Y8lhQ+lBPpYjkR0Fw~~60_12.JPG

Baker alone is a $50-60 card or so, and that's far more common (I believe, based on the slew of them in finished listings) than the combo /25, and the other guy aint bad:
$(KGrHqZ,!ogE9c9GnFh-BPmW6MwfDg~~60_12.JPG

Lester's RC Auto's are really tough grades. Hope he turns things around soon:
$(KGrHqFHJBsE-M-lQmsIBPoYduVWVQ~~60_12.JPG

This was probably a stretch, but I'm a sucker for really rare RC cards of stars, and Johan's return has been impressive to date:
$(KGrHqIOKk!E1tud4oPMBNcrt)5Osw~~_12.JPG

A_Pharis

I've been big on shoes and hats, lately. Here's my newest two from tonight.

THe price on these has been all over the map, so I'm happy to pick one up that has a little character:
$%28KGrHqYOKiIE6YNvJ3UeBPp%29W,U8WQ%7E%7E60_57.JPG

Been wanting one of these for a while. Most show up with high BINs. Got this one for the opening bid of $9.99:
$(KGrHqN,!isE69HkPinzBPnV4VnZD!~~60_12.JPG

Looks like it's from the band.

Tom Oates

Sep 15, 2008
Tom wins.

Everyone else can go home, you all suck.
Thanks for playing.

Haha... I laughed so hard I almost had pino shooting out of my nose. I fly out Thursday to pick it up. I've wanted one of these since the first day I saw one on the road. My wife claims it's her mother's day present. I claim it's for 26 years of faithful service :)

Tom

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
Haha... I laughed so hard I almost had pino shooting out of my nose. I fly out Thursday to pick it up. I've wanted one of these since the first day I saw one on the road. My wife claims it's her mother's day present. I claim it's for 26 years of faithful service :)

Tom
LOL.
Nice brother.
Congrats!!

sigma_chi

Apr 14, 2010
NE Arkansas/SEMO
I've been trying to wean myself off of prospects by buying things with my money that I would enjoy rather than things I can't wait to sell. I added several star autos the past couple weeks by selling off a bunch of my prospect lots and autos. Also sold the superfractor auto I pulled from a value box and was able to pick up several of these with that money. I have even thought about starting a cheap low-grade vintage collection. I figured I am likely going to have a kid in a year or two and I would much rather him/her inherit a few nice, star cards rather than 67 Michael Burgess Chrome autographs :grin: Here are the past three weeks of pickups. Sorry for all the scans

MaravichRC.jpg

LongoriaXfractorAuto.jpg

HanleyXfractorAuto.jpg

McCutchenAuto.jpg

MoustakasXfrac.jpg

FielderBlueRef.jpg

BautistaXfractorAu.jpg

BraunChromeAuto.jpg

StrasburgAuto.jpg

HarperAuto.jpg

Added 1 Bauer Refractor Auto to bring total to 6
BauerRefAutos.jpg

Also added 1 Blue Refractor Auto..couldn't pass it up for $20
borcheringblueautos1.jpg

Bought this last night for $12 to begin the low-grade vintage collection! I'm excited about it.
$(KGrHqRHJC!E9rVkbYEhBPi36RhyrQ~~60_58.JPG

Members online

Latest posts