Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

1998 Team Pinnacle Collector's Club

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
The Team Pinnacle Collector's Club was an attempt by Pinnacle Brands to create a "club" similar to Topps' Stadium Club. For $29.95 collectors would receive a tin box containing...

• An exclusive 30-card set featuring 10 baseball, football, and hockey cards.

• Three Pinnacle Mint football coins.

• An exclusive members t-shirt.

• A Pinnacle-branded lucite screw-down card holder.

• A one-year subscription to Sports Cards magazine.

• A membership card.

Club members were to have received a quarterly newsletter along with club-exclusive promo cards and other offers.
Just a couple of months after Team Pinnacle started, Pinnacle Brands went bankrupt and the club was discontinued. Playoff, which purchased Pinnacle's assets in bankruptcy court, chose not to continue Team Pinnacle.

1998teampinn.jpg

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
I was lucky enuff to find a Baseball set a few years back, but for the life of me I have no idea what happened to all of them ......hehe;)

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
PURDY!!!
98_Team_Pinnacle_Promo.jpg

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]As you can see this is a 1998 Team Pinnacle issue. Fine, no problem. Well...okay one big problem. <g>[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Pinnacle already issued a "Team Pinnacle" card. It could be found in boxes of 1998 Pinnacle Plus.
(it features Andres Galarraga on the reverse side)
So the question is: What issue was this supposed to have come out from?
[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]I have a theory.[/FONT]​
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Now, look at the card pictured above. Notice the logo? Not the front - the back side. The one in the black bar portion of the graphics, near the bottom of the card. Well, that exact same logo is only found on cards and collectibles issued through the short-lived Pinnacle Collector's Club. Check it out yourself:
Team_Pinnacle_Shirt_1.jpg

[/FONT]​
Pinnacle_Club_Info_Card.jpg

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
Anyone know why there are two versions of the base card? There's one with and one without the card number.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
Anyone know why there are two versions of the base card? There's one with and one without the card number.
98teampinn.jpg

the cards I posted above were the 10 card baseball set, there was a 4 card promo set also
[h=1]1998 Pinnacle Team Pinnacle Collector's Club Promos[/h] This four-card set originally to have been issued to members of the Pinnacle Collector's Club. Ultimately the cards were released after the company's bankruptcy. Each card reads "Team Pinnacle" at the bottom of the cardfront with the player's name above the image on the front.

1998 Pinnacle Team Pinnacle Collector's Club Promos #1 John Elway
1998 Pinnacle Team Pinnacle Collector's Club Promos #2 Ken Griffey Jr
1998 Pinnacle Team Pinnacle Collector's Club Promos #3 Derek Jeter
1998 Pinnacle Team Pinnacle Collector's Club Promos #4 Eric Lindros

1998teampinnacle.jpg

Last edited:

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
There are other players besides those 4 with 2 different. I've seen 2 different Ripken's and 2 different Gretzky's. So, possibly the promo's have a larger checklist or more got backdoored.

$(KGrHqUOKj0E6W3guli+BP(+!u(wqQ~~60_12.JPG

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
My only one...no number on back. haven't seen another to compare if there is a version with number.

PiazzaMike_1998PinnacleTeamPinnacleCollectorsClubCard.jpg

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Nope, it was an ebay pickup (same seller sold a Ripken at around the same time that went for big $$$). Did Art have one? if so I must have missed it

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
I sold all my baseball a few years ago but still have some of the hockey from this set. I threw away the original shirt last year because it was worn out with a bunch of holes.

magicpapa

Aug 7, 2008
got this email from a buddy..........

"A question was asked about the unnumbered versions - the answer is: In addition to the three (3) packs of Club cards representing baseball, football and hockey - there was an additional pack of Promos. The pack contained several unnumbered cards. I'm not exactly sure how many cards were in the set since I broke them up years ago. I can confirm the pack contained these players: Derek Jeter Mike Piazza Cal Ripken Dan Marino Wayne Gretzky Peter Fosberg

bear0555

Aug 27, 2008
got this email from a buddy..........

"A question was asked about the unnumbered versions - the answer is: In addition to the three (3) packs of Club cards representing baseball, football and hockey - there was an additional pack of Promos. The pack contained several unnumbered cards. I'm not exactly sure how many cards were in the set since I broke them up years ago. I can confirm the pack contained these players: Derek Jeter Mike Piazza Cal Ripken Dan Marino Wayne Gretzky Peter Fosberg

Thanks for the info. I didn't know much about the card I picked up recently but this really helps to shed some light.

$%28KGrHqRHJBIE9tHo6uT+BPgQLcm81Q%7E%7E60_58.JPG

Attachments

• $(KGrHqRHJBIE9tHo6uT+BPgQLcm81Q~~60_58.JPG
    $(KGrHqRHJBIE9tHo6uT+BPgQLcm81Q~~60_58.JPG
    64.2 KB · Views: 18

Members online

No members online now.