Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Topps Bunt Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Done deal! I need to get acclimated to what it scarce and rare. I made the trade. Hard for me to keep up with it so far. Still not quite understanding what is it you're supposed to do with it as a whole.

Fordman

There are a lot of different things you can do. Some people collect and some people play the game and depending on who you are trading with they value the cards differently. This is essential a money grab for Topps. They release inserts in their packs which give you bonuses that are usually only good for a short time so those inserts are really hot for a short time. Unlike most real baseball cards which increase in value over time, most of these will decrease in value over time. If you are not looking to get one of the bonuses then wait until the bonus is over to acquire the card. A lot of the people that post on the app for trades do not offer trades and do not counter trades and those that do offer trades sometimes try to screw you over. The Sig cards are hot inserts and any insert that is rare and rare on here is different to most collects. For some collectors it is under 1000 copies, some it is under 750, some it is under 500. The common cards can trade fairly easily because they are different colors. White is base, green is uncommon, red is rare, silver is scarce, and gold is super rare. Now Topps will label all inserts as one of these tiers but the production does not always match. For example you could have a card that was slotted uncommon but the card only ends up having a print run of 400 so the card in reality is super rare. Insert usually trade based on production and what insert set are hot at the moment. If you are playing for points which I have not become very good at yet, it is like playing fantasy baseball with Topps' own weird rules. The best strategy for gaining the most points possible is to have 9 gold cards of each starting pitcher and play them on days that they start. The strategy goes a lot deeper than that but that is the basic. Topps offers special deals on packs all the time so it helps to frequently check the pack page and reload it to see if a special is currently going on. The have different inserts that change weekly such as the POTW, TBT, SN. And then they just create new packs with special inserts in them. For example last was Turkey Red and Gypsy Queen and this week it is Topps Tribute and International Stars. In my opinion the packs cost a little too much money at regular price so I watch for them to go on sale. As the packs get to the end of their shelf life Topps usually puts them on sale, if want those packs grab them then, but understand if you are trying to trade the inserts from those packs that the value for those inserts has most likely already decreased. If anyone has any specific question feel free to ask, but most importantly just have fun!

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Another important thing to know also is that Topps releases the commons in several different series through out the year, a new batch of commons was just released this week and if you can pull gold cards of the new commons then are valuable also. Keep in mind you can trade with other collectors and buy and sell these cards on eBay. I watch the auctions on eBay to judge card values for trades. I have traded with 137 different collectors so far.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Thanks. Don't really get how to play the game so now I'm just trying to collect all the cubs cards

Hand delivered via the Pony Express

I will try to trade for some Cubs for you. The point game is kind of like fantasy baseball. You get to play nine cards at a time, the player on the card has to be playing at the time that his card is in your playing field and you score points or loss points based on his actual performance. A multiplier is added to the points the rarer the card that you play. Starting pitchers get more points than batters and thus most point players want 9 of each gold starting pitcher.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
I'm on as DJRULZ

Just added you, look me up Bunt ID is hawk8 and I have over 2,400 cards.
[MENTION=9350]fordman[/MENTION] Bruce has a new card in the Allen & Ginter
[MENTION=8651]DiebytheCubs[/MENTION] try to shoot you a trade sometime today

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
How do you buy single cards?

Im having a lot of issue with this app as it really isnt all that straight forward with what to do.

Fordman

I don't think you can buy singles, but you can buy the a & g packs and try to pull a Bruce, or you could try to trade for one

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
How do you buy single cards?

Im having a lot of issue with this app as it really isnt all that straight forward with what to do.

Fordman

You can not buy singles in app, you can only buy packs, its like a card store that only sells Topps packs and nothing else. You can buy singles on eBay, but the new A&G cards are going for crazy money on eBay right now and I am sure traders would want an arm and a leg in app right now also. There are 14 cards in the A&G set so pulling a Bruce would be kind of difficult. I would personally wait until the A&G award bonus expires and then try to pick one up. Most cards on the app decrease in value after their award expires. I have been seeing these cards going for $10-$20 on eBay which is high for a digital card to begin with but also high compared to a lot of other Bunt Cards, for example I have purchase two Dawson sig cards for $10 a piece and the sigs are usually considered some of the best cards. I will keep my eye out for a fair trade for one but this is something that will probably be best to wait for.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
[MENTION=8651]DiebytheCubs[/MENTION] I sent you trade for some Cubs you didn't have. I also have more Cubs that you need.

nofrills

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
if it's anyone from here, but I keep getting random trades for Jays cards I don't have. Like great trades! Gold S2 Lawrie silver S2 Reyes.
Anyways, if it is someone from here, I appreciate it!

djrulz

Aug 7, 2008
Jamestown
if it's anyone from here, but I keep getting random trades for Jays cards I don't have. Like great trades! Gold S2 Lawrie silver S2 Reyes.
Anyways, if it is someone from here, I appreciate it!

It might be me. I have been sending trades out to everyone in this thread so I can complete some team sets. When I do, I'm trying to make it almost impossible for anyone to decline it. Plus I'm only trading dupes of any cards.

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
It might be me. I have been sending trades out to everyone in this thread so I can complete some team sets. When I do, I'm trying to make it almost impossible for anyone to decline it. Plus I'm only trading dupes of any cards.

I was wondering why I kept getting random trades from one individual lol, you always send me more than what the card is worth that you want. If you are looking for something let me know.

MrMet

Apr 6, 2010
The Poconos
Does the app notify you when you've received a trade or anything? I don't think I've been paying close enough attention

Hawk8

Jul 13, 2013
Louisiana
Does the app notify you when you've received a trade or anything? I don't think I've been paying close enough attention

No, the app will notify you if you submit a trade and it gets accepted. I check my app regularly, but I have done trades with 233 different fans so far and a lot of those fans I have done multiple trades with.

Members online

Latest posts