Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Adam Dunn Single Season Strikeout Record: Think He'll get it??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Just watching Sale pitch tonight and was watching the stats. Dunn has struck out 126 times in 278 at bats. WOW!! He's been all or nothing this year. Think he'll break the single season K record??? He's always been a strikeout king, but this year, he's on a mission :)

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Well, he has struck out over 190 times 3 times in the past so obtaining the record that now sits at 223 by Mark Reynolds does not seem outlandish. But I dont think it is going to happen. By the way Reynolds holds the 1'st, 2'nd, and 4'th spot, a feat he achieved in 2008, 2009 and 2010. (2011 he was only able to place 9'th on the all time list with 196).

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
I would be surprised if Dunn doesn't set the record. Right now he's on pace for about 250, and as long as he keeps hitting homers he'll keep playing. The strikeouts are incidental as long as he keeps producing. He bats third on a good offensive team, which gives him plenty of at bats, plus he plays DH so he'll never get taken out for his defense. I thought he was going to set it last year, but as the year went on he kept getting benched so he didn't have a chance.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
He and Mark Reynolds are two of the most bewildering batters I've ever watch play the game. While you could make legendary hitters like Reggie Jackson, Sammy Sosa, Jim Thome, Willie Stargell, and Mike Schmidt chase....Dunn and Reynolds seem to have a decent eye at not chasing pitches out of the strike zone. The main difference is...if you make a mistake with Dunn or Reynolds...while it is still risky, you have a chance of getting away with it. You would not get away with it with the previous aforementioned hitters.

I've seen both hitters watch the first 3 pitches out of the strike zone (and barely) and then watch/swing and miss at 3 pitches in the strike zone - numerous times. It is really bewildering.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
So what we're saying is the Donkey is back! Wait, we've been saying that, so I suppose the strikeouts go with the dingers. If he breaks the K record would he still be strongly considered for comeback poy?

Members online

Latest posts