Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Anybody feel bad for Robinson Cano?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
That was brutal. KC fans took in overboard IMO. Booing when he was announced? Sure, why not. Cheering on his first out? Maybe...but to do it throughout the entire performance? Geez, Billy Butler has the least amount of power on the AL team.

P_Manning 18

Aug 7, 2008
Is that who they wanted.... Billy Butler?

Cano is the Captain.... so who should he have not picked?? Fielder? Bautista is a monster and Trumbo is a beast.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Just started watching partway through his round...what exactly happened?

KC fans are upset that Cano didn't choose Butler for the HR Derby - reasonable. During his entire BP, they booed him. When the announced him, they booed him. Walking to the batter's box and between every pitch they booed loudly. When he didn't hit a home run, they cheered sarcastically VERY loud to the point it was really disturbing his dad. I just felt bad. It's not like Cano knew who the Royals rep was going to be before he selected the AL Home Run team.

They even had a plane with a banner fly over the stadium that read "Congrats Billy, YOU BLEW IT CANO!"

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Is that who they wanted.... Billy Butler?

Cano is the Captain.... so who should he have not picked?? Fielder? Bautista is a monster and Trumbo is a beast.

Seriously, they were all on their feet when Bautista, Fielder, and Trumbo were hitting monstrous bombs....guess who they have to thank for that entertainment? CANO!

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Billy Butler is a doubles hitter with a career high of 21 HRs. Not exactly screaming HR Derby material. That was utterly pathetic and it did a good job ruining an event that is supposed to be fun.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
No.
It's an exhibition.
He's a professional athlete. I'm assuming he gets over it before I finish typing this sentence.

MantMaris

Jul 29, 2010
Wisconsin
1. I am sure he will be over it in about 30 seconds from now, if he isn't already.

2. Royals fans finally had something to cheer about. Just picked up a Chambliss ball today too....

vwnut13

Apr 19, 2009
Vermont
Seriously, they were all on their feet when Bautista, Fielder, and Trumbo were hitting monstrous bombs....guess who they have to thank for that entertainment? CANO!

They were on their feet?

I haven't heard a peep from the crowd.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Nothing wrong with what the fans did. He's a Yankee and the Royals fans should boo him. I couldnt imagine a Cub fan cheering on a Cardinal or Brewer in the derby

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
Obviously the Yankee haters are going to do the normal chiming in, but regardless of what team he plays for that wasn't something you want to see in a HR Derby. Hell, if it was David Ortiz that was receiving that treatment I'd still be against it. You are trying to tell me any of the players on the field wanted to see something like that? Thats why King Felix and Papi came over to Cano and CC and Grandy took a mound visit.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Obviously the Yankee haters are going to do the normal chiming in, but regardless of what team he plays for that wasn't something you want to see in a HR Derby. Hell, if it was David Ortiz that was receiving that treatment I'd still be against it. You are trying to tell me any of the players on the field wanted to see something like that? Thats why King Felix and Papi came over to Cano and CC and Grandy took a mound visit.

Yeah I am a Yankee-hater and it made me feel uncomfortable and I felt bad for him and his dad. People that are saying he'll get over within seconds are wrong. Will he care about a week from now? Probably not. Did it affect him in the moment and will it the rest of the night? Most likely and isn't that what matters? It was classless, it's honestly something I expected Philly or NY fans to do.

Members online

Latest posts