Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Honus Wagner Fold Out card

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TopOffLikeWALLACE

Feb 11, 2010
HouStros
Hey, I just got word that a friend just found a Honus Wagner Fold out card while renovating his house, found inside a wall. There are 2 players and folds at the waist. Any idea what this is and possible value?

Liberate Baltimore

Jun 2, 2009
Columbia, Maryland
Hey, I just got word that a friend just found a Honus Wagner Fold out card while renovating his house, found inside a wall. There are 2 players and folds at the waist. Any idea what this is and possible value?
The only fold-out sets are from the "T" tobacco designation. Interestingly, only two ACC "T" sets feature Wagner on the checklist....the "common" T206 Wagner and the much scarcer T216 People's Tobacco (Kotton, Mino, Miner's Extra) Louisiana issue set. Sounds like your friend found a modern fantasy piece.

Pinbreaker

Aug 7, 2008
Laguna Niguel, CA
Is this directed at me?

If you reread the OP I stated that it's my friends card.

I'm just trying to ID the set.

Mods please delete the above 2 posts.

Mods, please delete this idiots whole thread..

In this day and age where everyone and their grandmother has a cell phone that can take pictures..

Scan or ban!!

domino2012

Aug 17, 2008
Mourmelon le Grand, France
I'm not taking sides for anyone but there's something that I always tend to reach for before coming to conclusions: "innocent until proven guilty".
I know in some countries it's the contrary but imagine that a picture is posted, then the OP would have been unjustifiably accused of lying... well... give him a chance to prove it and we'll see.
Oh and no proof doesn't mean he's lying either... makes him look fishy but not full proof. Maybe his friend is being an idiot and won't take pics. Maybe he should think of changing friends if he's being lied to himself. He never said he was actually there when the card was found... ah ha...

To the OP, I'll believe you when I see the pic however I won't say you're lying... maybe your friend is. This leads me to saying, if you make statements like these on any forums, back them up with pictures to avoid any negative comments. That's just some advice, take it or leave it but you'll see that in the long run it's better that way. You'll also be more respected.

With that said, I'd love to see the picture. :D

EDIT: PS: just re-read that it's not your friend but your parents' friend. Same idea.

Last edited:

fkw

May 28, 2010
Kea'au, HI
doesnt match any known vintage sets. Like others said the description matches the T201 set, but Honus Wagner is not found in T201 or most of the Tobacco sets (except T206, T216). Heinie Wagner is also not in the set. There are only 2 other sets that have a Honus Wagner ii it and folding pieces, the very rare 1912 J=K (J. Koenigsberg Co.) set has a Wagner portrait card and there is a fold in the forehead (box lid fold),and technically if it the complete box there is a player on back too...., and then there is the E125 cards that have folding flaps at bottom, there are 2 Wagners, batting and throwing, but only one player per card, very rare as well.

jbhofmann

Mar 12, 2009
Indiana
After hearing about the notorious "Black Swamp Find" and our very own Wagner/Unicorn find, I decided to take a sledgehammer to my grandma's turn of the century home. After creating 36 holes of varied size and finding nothing of consequence I was about to give up but I asked if FCB would want me to quit? Hell no. They'd want me to "rip" away. And rip away is exactly what I did. Sorry for the pic not being the best but I'm literally still shaking. I'm guessing these are rare but how rare I have no clue. I'll defer to the vintage experts. Oh and this is NFS currently but I do have two young sons to put through college at some point. Thanks for the look..now go wipe the drool off your chin.
7555805602_40ea3261e1_z.jpg

Keyser Soze

Nov 9, 2010
The Woodlands, TX
After hearing about the notorious "Black Swamp Find" and our very own Wagner/Unicorn find, I decided to take a sledgehammer to my grandma's turn of the century home. After creating 36 holes of varied size and finding nothing of consequence I was about to give up but I asked if FCB would want me to quit? Hell no. They'd want me to "rip" away. And rip away is exactly what I did. Sorry for the pic not being the best but I'm literally still shaking. I'm guessing these are rare but how rare I have no clue. I'll defer to the vintage experts. Oh and this is NFS currently but I do have two young sons to put through college at some point. Thanks for the look..now go wipe the drool off your chin.
7555805602_40ea3261e1_z.jpg

Simply epic