Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Lee Ford back in the bigs

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
OUR SAVIOR!!!

Hey let's not made a trade, let's just sit on our ass and call up guys that haven't played since 2006.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Its nice to see him back in the bigs. I remember heading to Twins games and doing the "LEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW!" chant. It always sounded like he was being booed. He had a few decent years with the Twins and hope to see him perform well

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Why would they trade the future when they aren't going to win anything this year?

And you know this because.......they tried and failed? Yeah....not sure your crystal ball is working there. tell me Nostradamus....if the Orioles aren't going to make the postseason this year, tell me how every single prospect of the Orioles is going to turn out?

Also, on Opening Day, what would your prediction of record have been for the Orioles after 100 games? What place do you think they would have been in?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
LEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEWWWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!

First time I heard that, I thought they were booing him. I couldn't figure out why the home crowd would boo one of their players.

Anyway, I do pick some stuff up of him myself when I see it and if it's cheap. Him and Bobby Kielty were favorites of mine.

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
And you know this because.......they tried and failed? Yeah....not sure your crystal ball is working there. tell me Nostradamus....if the Orioles aren't going to make the postseason this year, tell me how every single prospect of the Orioles is going to turn out?

Also, on Opening Day, what would your prediction of record have been for the Orioles after 100 games? What place do you think they would have been in?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?

Do you think, just for once, you can reply to a thread without being a condescending ass? The guy was simply asking a question. Consider yourself warned.

Last edited:

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Do you think, just for once, you can reply to a thread without being a condescending ass? The guy was simply asking a question. Consider yourself warned.

LMAO, by all means do you what you have to do Mr. Mod. I'm condescending to those that are condescending to me - as Hallsgator has been in almost every thread he has posted in. Just read his posts if wish, but you won't.

"consider yourself warned" LMAO....what have I ever done to even merit that? Please over abuse your "power."

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
If I were going to abuse my power, I'd have banned you two weeks ago when this came to my attention.

Well it's a good thing you don't run the site then. That was real petty on your part. I respond to others with how they respond to me. That's how I am and it won't change. There was history in my "condescending" post. If you had asked the question, I probably would've replied more amicably.

Were you one of the avid Braun fans upset b/c I said he wasn't even in the discussion for MVP? I dont' feel like looking it up. That would make sense as to why you tried to just strut your mod muscles at me. Can't really think of any other run ins we've ever had, which it has to be personal b/c there waaaaaaaaaay many more members here that are much more condescending than me that you could "warn"

sheetskout

Administrator
Aug 10, 2008
Milwaukee, WI
Well it's a good thing you don't run the site then. That was real petty on your part. I respond to others with how they respond to me. That's how I am and it won't change. There was history in my "condescending" post. If you had asked the question, I probably would've replied more amicably.

Were you one of the avid Braun fans upset b/c I said he wasn't even in the discussion for MVP? I dont' feel like looking it up. That would make sense as to why you tried to just strut your mod muscles at me. Can't really think of any other run ins we've ever had, which it has to be personal b/c there waaaaaaaaaay many more members here that are much more condescending than me that you could "warn"

What I am saying here is that it was brought to my attention that you have a pattern of condescending and rather rude responses. I did not cast judgement and monitored you for a while. I am finding this to be true, have brought this up internally, and have not done anything yet. It sure looks like I'm abusing my mod abilities doesn't it?

But you just keep it up.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
What I am saying here is that it was brought to my attention that you have a pattern of condescending and rather rude responses. I did not cast judgement and monitored you for a while. I am finding this to be true, have brought this up internally, and have not done anything yet. It sure looks like I'm abusing my mod abilities doesn't it?

But you just keep it up.

And what I'm saying is, if you feel the need to do something about it, then do it. Don't "warn" me in public to give yourself an ego boost. I told you the why I respond the way I do sometimes. There's nothing wrong with that. I don't respond that way the majority of the time. I'm not crude in my posts and I don't troll people so get off my back. And quit wasting your time monitoring me.

If you wish to discuss it further, feel free to PM me. Or just give me the axe.

But I would think that we would want to keep the "freedom" part prevalent here.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Was I the only 'unintentional' Lew Ford RC collector back in the day? lol....I think I have a few RCs of his back in the day from various products. Hope he does well.

Just checked his BR page....totally forgot he was originally drafted by the Red Sox. We traded Ford for Hector Carrasco, who sucked with us in September. Carrasco went back to the Twins the following season. D'oh!

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
LMAO, by all means do you what you have to do Mr. Mod. I'm condescending to those that are condescending to me - as Hallsgator has been in almost every thread he has posted in. Just read his posts if wish, but you won't.

"consider yourself warned" LMAO....what have I ever done to even merit that? Please over abuse your "power."

He does have a point though, most of your posts just come off wrong. Try reading what you are posting before you hit send.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
He does have a point though, most of your posts just come off wrong. Try reading what you are posting before you hit send.

I'm not asking anyone to like what I write but to be "warned" of suspension b/c of what I write? Seriously? As long as I'm not being crude or trolling, what other grounds are there for being suspended? He crossed the line, plain and simple.

There are many other members here I would think you should be concerned about what they write and what they do rather than me.

Members online