Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
So anyone new here with any same card # pattern # and/or pattern# 1 1998 TEKs.... Will pay High Beckett for any I need for a couple incomplete sets
Does High Beckett price ever fluctuate up or down? Like how often does Beckett come out and does it show players that go up and down in price every month?

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
Beckett does not change its prices much, if at all, on older sets from my experience except when maybe a player become eligible or gets elected to HOF. .

I stopped buying it monthly as it wasn't worth $ 9.99 to me to get the same info other than hyped new releases for the pump and dump dealers.

Last edited:

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
So anyone new here with any same card # pattern # and/or pattern# 1 1998 TEKs.... Will pay High Beckett for any I need for a couple incomplete sets

I have:
Ripken 51/51
Helton 69/69
Lee 76/76
Glavine 10/10
A. Jones 26/26
A. Ramirez 31/31
Ventura 33/33
R. Johnson 39/39

Grace 78/1
Wood 2/1

You can make an offer on them if you want. I don't know if Beckett is very accurate on them though. I would trade all but Ripken, Grace and Johnson for Vlad patterns I need.

atlsportsfan

Apr 18, 2016
Northern VA
Good morning all. New member to FCB. By way of introduction, I am Phil and my son and I decided in January we would like to take a shot at putting together the 1998 Tek set. Through some of our purchases over the last few months from a few members on here, they recommended we join the discussion. I look forward to the conversation on here as well as throughout the other threads on FCB. Also, glad to take a look at our duplicates for any Tek needs that any of you may have. And always looking to trade or buy for any of our needs which is quite a bit as we just hit the 44% mark on completion toward our goal of building the set.

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
Phil,

Welcome to the FCB 1998 Tek board, and congratulations on 3500+ cards toward the set of 8100 in three or four months. Amazing! I have about 4000 extra 1998 Tek patterns. If you have made up a want list or collection list, feel free to e-mail it or mail it to me and I'll start working through my extras and see what I have that you need.

Rich

Rich Roth
29 Lee Rd.
South Deerfield, MA 01373
e-mail, [email protected]

brian26

Nov 12, 2010
I have:
Ripken 51/51
Helton 69/69
Lee 76/76
Glavine 10/10
A. Jones 26/26
A. Ramirez 31/31
Ventura 33/33
R. Johnson 39/39

Grace 78/1
Wood 2/1

You can make an offer on them if you want. I don't know if Beckett is very accurate on them though. I would trade all but Ripken, Grace and Johnson for Vlad patterns I need.

Grace- please check your PMs later.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Good morning all. New member to FCB. By way of introduction, I am Phil and my son and I decided in January we would like to take a shot at putting together the 1998 Tek set. Through some of our purchases over the last few months from a few members on here, they recommended we join the discussion. I look forward to the conversation on here as well as throughout the other threads on FCB. Also, glad to take a look at our duplicates for any Tek needs that any of you may have. And always looking to trade or buy for any of our needs which is quite a bit as we just hit the 44% mark on completion toward our goal of building the set.
I have a list of dubs I can send you... will send you a PM.

atlsportsfan

Apr 18, 2016
Northern VA
Rich - thanks for the welcome. I will definitely get my list over to you. Have a few more incoming this weekend and once I get it update for those, I will send it over to you

Phil,

Welcome to the FCB 1998 Tek board, and congratulations on 3500+ cards toward the set of 8100 in three or four months. Amazing! I have about 4000 extra 1998 Tek patterns. If you have made up a want list or collection list, feel free to e-mail it or mail it to me and I'll start working through my extras and see what I have that you need.

Rich

Rich Roth
29 Lee Rd.
South Deerfield, MA 01373
e-mail, [email protected]

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
Where about in northern Virginia? ... Will be up in that neck of the woods in mid to late May for my fathers Air Force military burial from Houston. Sent you a PM. I have around 1300 1998 TEK dupes and will buy/trade for some condition upgrades for my master set in list I sent you as well as Any Same Card #/Pattern # 98 TEKs or any pattern # 1s as well as any common Diffractors I do not have.

Last edited:

corockies

Mar 23, 2013
Colorado
Check out the printing flaws on this sucker:

s-l1600.jpg

I'm kinda anxious to get this in to see it in person.

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.

I have/had a bunch of 98 Tek error cards like that, probably 50 or so cards. Never saw a diffractor error like that though. Some have large blank spaces, others are combinations of two players front and back, and others have two players on the same sides. Some are so distorted that you can't recognize what it was supposed to be. Looked for them a couple of years ago, but I do have a lot of cards. I'm sure I didn't throw them out, but haven't seen them in a long time.

shadowking86

May 13, 2014

Welcome to the board. Any chance you have any of these for Sandy Alomar Jr. #27 ? 8, 11, 13, 21, 27, 55, 71, 78, 83, 86

Members online