Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
And I probably don't need to tell anyone that the process of using said Marketplace took foreeeeeeeeeever

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
11 1998 TEK Cal Ripken are either on Beckett Marketplace or COMC; they range $12.25 to $4.80.

Not sure if this is "new" news, but Burbank has listed some TEK.......I just paid $.95-$1.01 for Lankford.

Thanks for the heads up BUT there no way I'm buying anything from Burbank ever again. Never, ever again. Bad experience with them a couple of months back and I still feel taken advantage of. They can sell their Ripken for a dime a dozen and I still Will not buy from them. I will never, ever knowingly buy from them ever, ever again. Just me.....

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
Thanks for the heads up BUT there no way I'm buying anything from Burbank ever again. Never, ever again. Bad experience with them a couple of months back and I still feel taken advantage of. They can sell their Ripken for a dime a dozen and I still Will not buy from them. I will never, ever knowingly buy from them ever, ever again. Just me.....

I did not say that Burbank listed Ripken

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

I'll bite... What happened?

Calripkenjrcollector

Dec 12, 2009
National City, California
I'll bite... What happened?

I'm glad you asked. I bought from them many times the last couple of years, no problem. The last time, they listed a couple of Ripkens and I just so happen to be looking around at the same they were listing. So every couple of minutes, I'll refresh and a couple more shows up. Well, to make a long story short, I ended up BIN two cards I really needed for PC. Total was $36.95 which I paid within five minutes or so. One card was (Forgot the year) Leaf Certified Material Gold /25 with a BIN of $29.95 and the other was 2002 Greats of the Game Level 3 with a BIN of $1 (NO I didn't expect to receive this from the get go for $1) plus S/H. For $1 BIN, I'll check my chances. Sure enough, refund of $1 the following day. No PM, no email, no communication. No biggie. Within two weeks, a bubble wrapped envelope from Burbank shows up. I didn't look at the card first because it came with an invoice. The invoice shows the Leaf certified Materials /25 checked as sent and the Greats of the Game crossed off with bold letters REFUNDED! I pull the card out and it was Leaf Certified Materials /25 alright but NOT Cal Ripken. JOHN SMOLTZ. Don't get wrong, a nice card (3clr Patch and #/25), but didn't buy John Smoltz. The person who packaged it either don't know what he/she is doing or don't know how to read? Invoice was checked as Cal Ripken.

Anyway, I sent Burbank a message explaining the situation and he responded with the usual. Very sorry this, that and the other but we'll get it fixed. Please send the card back, blah, blah, blah and I will send out the right card and I will refund your return postage. Card was sent back with the invoice. After a week I did not hear from them, so I message again. At first he said they haven't received but after a couple more days I message again and they said they got the card and my card was on the way. They gave me a delivery confirmation number, so cool. Two weeks later, no card. I checked the number it shows it was picked up. Three weeks later, still no card. So, I message Burbank and he responded with I have to talk to USPS because he did his part. So I play along and call USPS, they claim that the package was picked up, but don't know where it is. I message Burbank again, no response. After about a month, I hit him with a big fat negative. ALAS! He message back with I didn't know you still haven't received the card, blah, blah, blah or something to that effect. The next day he refunds $29.95. As it is, I am out $6.95 PLUS return shipping of the wrong card.

After the refund, he message through eBay about changing my feedback. I responded with "not until I get my full refund" and my dumb *ss didn't know about that little button to check not to close the dispute thingie. So BAM! My feedback disappears, never heared from them again and I'm still out $9 for their mistake. I know, I know, it's only $9 but it's my $9 and I didn't do anything wrong. So there........

Sorry for the long read but you asked :wink:

Last edited:

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
Man, you guys make me want to join in on the fun. I wonder how Wood's prices are. [MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION], you about done with Gracie?

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Man, you guys make me want to join in on the fun. I wonder how Wood's prices are. @gracecollector, you about done with Gracie?

I'll be honest, for the longest time I stayed far far away from this project and then Beckett decided to recognize all patterns as individual cards for player checklists and then it was ON. I've been at it for about 2 years and here are my stats:

1998 Base: 76/90 (one pattern incoming)
1998 Diffractors: 14/90
1999 A: 30/30 :)
1999 B: 30/30 :)
1999 A Golds: 9/30
1999 B Golds: 8/30

thelesquad

Dec 6, 2008
I'll be honest, for the longest time I stayed far far away from this project and then Beckett decided to recognize all patterns as individual cards for player checklists and then it was ON. I've been at it for about 2 years and here are my stats:

1998 Base: 76/90 (one pattern incoming)
1998 Diffractors: 14/90
1999 A: 30/30 :)
1999 B: 30/30 :)
1999 A Golds: 9/30
1999 B Golds: 8/30

Very nice. I like that 90 is evenly divisible by both 6 and 9. That way, if I do decide to venture into this craziness, I can put them in binders.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Man, you guys make me want to join in on the fun. I wonder how Wood's prices are. [MENTION=1845]gracecollector[/MENTION], you about done with Gracie?

Probably never be done on the Diffractors and Golds, but have been done on base for quite awhile. Grace wasn't in 2000.

90/90 1998 Tek Base Photos
26/90 1998 Tek Diffractors Photos
60/60 1999 Tek Base Photos
37/60 1999 Tek Gold Photos

Members online

Latest posts