Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I was thinking about just doing it the way I usually do only six times. It's so easy for me as the breaker as there are only 7 slots and I love the trading aspect.

I'm open to other ideas, but you have to also consider that some teams only have one card in the entire set.

George_Calfas

Aug 22, 2008
Urbana
I was thinking about just doing it the way I usually do only six times. It's so easy for me as the breaker as there are only 7 slots and I love the trading aspect.

I'm open to other ideas, but you have to also consider that some teams only have one card in the entire set.

Fair enough I guess people can sell off teams.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
For those that don't know, this is how I usually do it (and I've been doing it wrong with Justice and Knoblauch)

- $25 dlvd via PayPal only.
- MUST INCLUDE FCB USER NAME in PayPal payment.
- Break will be posted on YouTube

I will allow a window of time for participants to "trade players" before the box break.

Lot 1 -
Astros - Biggio, Randy Johnson, DBell, Alou, Bagwell, Hidalgo
Braves - Glavine, Justice, Chipper, Andruw, Maddux, Javy Lopez, Galarraga

Lot 2 -

Cardinals - McGwire, BJordan, Lankford
Cubs - KWood, Sosa, Grace
Brewers - Burnitz
D-Rays – McCracken
Blue Jays - Clemens, Delgado, Cruz Jr
A's - Grieve, Hinch

Lot 3 -
Giants – Bonds
Indians - Sandy, Lofton, Manny, Thome
Reds - Larkin, Konerko
D-Backs - MWilliams, Travis Lee
Dodgers - Karros, Sheff, Beltre, Mondesi

Lot 4 -
M's - A-Rod, Griffey, Edgar, Buhner
Rangers - Pudge, Juan Gone
Marlins - Kotsay, Dunwoody, Renteria(traded), DLee(traded)
Expos - Vladi, Fullmer

Lot 5 -
Orioles - Brady, Palmeiro, Ripken, RAlomar, Mussina
Padres - Gwynn, Caminiti, KBrown
Phils - Schilling, Rolen
Pirates - Aramis, Kendall
Royals - JKing

Lot 6 -
Yanks - Bernie, Jeter, Tino, O'Neill, OHernandez
Red Sox - Nomar, Pedro Martinez, Mo
Rockies - Dante, LWalker, Vinny, Burks, Helton

Lot 7 -
White Sox - Frank, Ventura, Belle
Mets - Olerud, Piazza
Angels - Edmonds, Erstad, Glaus, Salmon
Twins - TWalker, Molitor, Knoblauch
Tigers - TClark

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Well... the boxes will be in NC and I'll be in OR so I won't have much choice! The only way I could see the break happening earlier would be if I were to get six guys to buy out all seven lots for all six boxes over the course of this weekend.

We're actually off to a good start in that regard as it sounds like lots 1, 2, 4, and 5 are spoken for, and gracecollector will likely be getting one and working a deal for the Cubbies.

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston
I know the guy who is selling them and have been to his shop at least twice before. If anyone gets any Pattern # 1s or same card#/pattern # 1998 Teks (like card # 1 pattern# 1... card# 2 pattern# 2....card# 90 pattern# 90 I would like to buy or trade for them. I have over 1400 dupe 1998 TEKs for any new people here looking for cards of their favorite player or for mixed sets.

List furnished upon request

braves3331

Aug 19, 2012
Las Vegas, NV
Well... the boxes will be in NC and I'll be in OR so I won't have much choice! The only way I could see the break happening earlier would be if I were to get six guys to buy out all seven lots for all six boxes over the course of this weekend.

We're actually off to a good start in that regard as it sounds like lots 1, 2, 4, and 5 are spoken for, and gracecollector will likely be getting one and working a deal for the Cubbies.

I'll be in for 3 if Justice is corrected to Indians :). At any rate, count me in for #6 !

Last edited:

Members online