Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
I saw Jeter diffractor patterns 11, 29, 42, and 54. Also base patterns 14, 39, 51, and 70. Nice lot. Could have used the pp. 29 and 42. Assuming someone made an offer the seller couldn't refuse.

Rich

RStadlerASU22

Jan 2, 2013
That didn't last long. Wonder if it sold at a price the seller was happy with thinking there was only 1 diffractor or the offer was really strong for 4. Or did the seller get notified of the error and we see them listed differntly.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G920V using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
I am glad that in 2017 I am only chasing diffractors... never thought I'd see the day. Happy 2017 to you all by the way! Cheers!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Did you get pattern 2 from that Ebay lot awhile back? If so, congrats.

Yes, patter #2 was the final pattern for me and I was able to get it a few weeks ago or before the holidays really took off. Never thought I would see the 10 pages of 9 cards per page binder actually be complete haha

rinkrat38

Oct 14, 2012
South Deerfield, Mass.
Mac,

Congratulations on completing the Belle 98 Tek set. Knew you would! If you run across another Belle p. 2 card, or anyone does for that matter, Don Apland still needs that one to complete his Belle set. (Couldn't tell you how many times I have seen that happen. Hunt and hunt and hunt, then several of the cards come out of the woodwork.) Don is down to I think 26 cards to complete his set of 8100 patterns.

Rich

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Yes, patter #2 was the final pattern for me and I was able to get it a few weeks ago or before the holidays really took off. Never thought I would see the 10 pages of 9 cards per page binder actually be complete haha

Oh man! It feels amazing doesn't it! Congratulations!!

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC

Congratulations! Do you have an approximate guess as to how long it took you from making the decisions to go for it to completing it?

nosterbor

Jun 20, 2010
Sunny Florida

Awesome! Congrats.

I still need 59-60-68-76-83 & 86. Of Juan Gonzalez.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Mac,

Congratulations on completing the Belle 98 Tek set. Knew you would! If you run across another Belle p. 2 card, or anyone does for that matter, Don Apland still needs that one to complete his Belle set. (Couldn't tell you how many times I have seen that happen. Hunt and hunt and hunt, then several of the cards come out of the woodwork.) Don is down to I think 26 cards to complete his set of 8100 patterns.

Rich

Congrats Mac! That #2 must be super tough.

Quite the achievement. Do you have them all scanned and stored any certain way. I would love to scan my Chippers front and back but it takes so long.

Sent from my XT1650 using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Oh man! It feels amazing doesn't it! Congratulations!!

Congratulations! Do you have an approximate guess as to how long it took you from making the decisions to go for it to completing it?

Awesome! Congrats.

I still need 59-60-68-76-83 & 86. Of Juan Gonzalez.

THANKS GUYS! NEVER THOUGHT I'D SEE THE DAY!!!

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

I remember the day like it was yesterday... it was late 2010, so took me probably exactly 6 years to accomplish. I literally would search high and low on SO many sites and blogs... wish I would have tracked how I got each and every one of them... I know that I got one from a box break I did back in like 2012, that was pretty cool :)

Thanks again, it is pretty awesome to say that I did it. I really never thought I'd do it.

brian26

Nov 12, 2010

If this is an unfair question, please accept my apology. The only reason I ask is because I often struggle with this question if it were a situation I might find myself in possibly in the near future. Did you win that auction or have someone else send you the card after they won it? The angle I'm coming from is...how much would I be willing to bid on an auction knowing I only need one card from a particular lot, or, in this case, a 90 card set. I recall that auction ended pretty high.

Again, I don't mean to pry, so please no need to answer if this is inappropriate.

Members online