Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The 1998 Topps Tek Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fthomas1000

Jan 2, 2015
What's going on guys! I just recently decided that I was insane and decided to attempt in building the entire "base" set of 1998 tek. Upon searching through a stack i recently purchased i noticed that the 2 Raul Modesi cards were both preproduction versions. Of which I had never heard. After a but of research it lead me here. Was curious what they may or may not be worth if I was to let them go. Awesome thread by the way!

Juanlasttime

Apr 9, 2016
North east Pa
I’ve got about 30 Juan Gonzalez diffractors with one dupe.. Willing to pay big for any Juan Gones I need... please PM me with what you have and how much you’re looking for...

Thanks

Kevin

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
What's going on guys! I just recently decided that I was insane and decided to attempt in building the entire "base" set of 1998 tek. Upon searching through a stack i recently purchased i noticed that the 2 Raul Modesi cards were both preproduction versions. Of which I had never heard. After a but of research it lead me here. Was curious what they may or may not be worth if I was to let them go. Awesome thread by the way!

I'm way less knowledgeable about the preproduction ones, one of these guys can probably give you more info that you'd ever want. If your looking to move any Craig Biggios let me know, I'll buy ones I don't have, market is stale right now.

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yes, that is a genuine measure of insanity! Along the way if you have extra Robbie Alomars please let me know. I am glad to buy whichever ones I'm missing from you...

togaman

Oct 27, 2008
Houston

Shouldn't be that hard for a 90 card mixed set but probably will be a bit expensive... I have 1400+ 98 TEK dupes. Do you have list of what you DO Have by card # pattern # and email me at [email protected] I finished all 8100 14 years ago but still pick up Same Card # pattern # and Patten# 1 98 TEK from time to time for several 90 card sets of those I'm passively building as well as about 20 or so 98 TEK cards Id like to upgrade the condition of

McGwire Card # 13 Pat # 13
Clemens Card # 21 Pat # 21
Dunwoody Card # 36 Pat 36
Ripken Card # 51 Pat # 51
Konerko Card # 63 Pat # 63
Mussina Card # 80 Pat # 35
Lankford Card # 90 Pat # 90 ------------------(need 2)

My 1998 TEK Condition Upgrade Want List (MUST BE MINT)

Ivan Rodriguez...Card # 5 Pat # 47
Dante Bichette….Card # 8 Pat # 36
Derek Jeter........Card # 14 Pat # 44
Brady Anderson..Card # 16 Pat # 34
David Justice......Card # 18 Pat # 25
Chipper Jones......Card # 19 Pat # 28
Tino Martinez.......Card # 25 Pat # 38
Curt Schilling........Card # 32 Pat # 7
Todd Dunwoody...Card # 36 Pat # 36
Paul O' Neill..........Card # 37 Pat # 24
Randy Johnson......Card # 39 Pat #s 11,21,27
Albert Belle...........Card # 47 Pat # 36
Jeromy Burnitz......Card # 48 Pat # 36
Ellis Burks.............Card # 53 Pat # 25
Paul Konerko........Card # 63 Pat # 8
Knoblauch............Card # 70 Pat # 36
Kevin Brown.........Card # 71 Pat # 36
Jeff Bagwell..........Card # 74 Pat # 78

I dont think the Mondesi Pre-production cards are worth more than a buck or two at most. Not many people are chasing them and the ones that were have already completed their sets I believe. What are the pattern#s of those Mondesis?

Last edited:

fthomas1000

Jan 2, 2015
Shouldn't be that hard for a 90 card mixed set but probably will be a bit expensive... I have 1400+ 98 TEK dupes. Do you have list of what you DO Have by card # pattern # and email me at [email protected] I finished all 8100 14 years ago but still pick up Same Card # pattern # and Patten# 1 98 TEK from time to time for several 90 card sets of those I'm passively building as well as about 20 or so 98 TEK cards Id like to upgrade the condition of

McGwire Card # 13 Pat # 13
Clemens Card # 21 Pat # 21
Dunwoody Card # 36 Pat 36
Ripken Card # 51 Pat # 51
Konerko Card # 63 Pat # 63
Mussina Card # 80 Pat # 35
Lankford Card # 90 Pat # 90 ------------------(need 2)

My 1998 TEK Condition Upgrade Want List (MUST BE MINT)

Ivan Rodriguez...Card # 5 Pat # 47
Dante Bichette….Card # 8 Pat # 36
Derek Jeter........Card # 14 Pat # 44
Brady Anderson..Card # 16 Pat # 34
David Justice......Card # 18 Pat # 25
Chipper Jones......Card # 19 Pat # 28
Tino Martinez.......Card # 25 Pat # 38
Curt Schilling........Card # 32 Pat # 7
Todd Dunwoody...Card # 36 Pat # 36
Paul O' Neill..........Card # 37 Pat # 24
Randy Johnson......Card # 39 Pat #s 11,21,27
Albert Belle...........Card # 47 Pat # 36
Jeromy Burnitz......Card # 48 Pat # 36
Ellis Burks.............Card # 53 Pat # 25
Paul Konerko........Card # 63 Pat # 8
Knoblauch............Card # 70 Pat # 36
Kevin Brown.........Card # 71 Pat # 36
Jeff Bagwell..........Card # 74 Pat # 78

I dont think the Mondesi Pre-production cards are worth more than a buck or two at most. Not many people are chasing them and the one that were have already completed their sets I believe. What are the pattern#s of those Mondesis?
87 and 10
I'm WAY off from the 8100 total. It's more of less something I cam build while waiting around on Frank cards I need. Lol Not rich and most all of his cards that are out there now that I need it takes a second mortgage on my house to be able to afford. So I decided to start building a couple sets to appease my addiction to buying and building. Not trying to spend alot and not avidly searching either but still enjoying the hunt. I have like 200ish with another 60 coming this week.

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Members online