Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Will Middlebrooks out with a broken wrist

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Got hit by a 96 mph fastball last night right on his wrist bone. Broken. Ugh. Can this be any worse of a year to be a Sox fan?

Hopefully Valencia pulls out his inner Babe Ruth for several weeks....

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Pretty much the nail in their coffin. I mean they really didn't have a chance for the post season anyway. Too bad, maybe they'll turn this season into a better draft pick at least.

MaineMule

Aug 7, 2008
Maine of course......
Short of Trout he was running 2nd for RotY......too bad since he was having a stellar rookie year. Hope this is not an injury that stays with him for his career. Can you say wrist-guard???

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
Pretty much the nail in their coffin. I mean they really didn't have a chance for the post season anyway. Too bad, maybe they'll turn this season into a better draft pick at least.
Agreed, James. Will was one of the only reasons I have still been watching the Sox games. The other two are Buch and Morales.....a good draft slot next year sounds pretty good right about now. :)

Time to buy some Danny boys!!! The pipes are calling Valencia!
I'm interested to see how he performs. He won't be able to replace Will, but I'm sure he will be a hell of a lot better than the alternative (Punto)

Short of Trout he was running 2nd for RotY......too bad since he was having a stellar rookie year. Hope this is not an injury that stays with him for his career. Can you say wrist-guard???
Yeah he was tearing it up, having a great season for a 3B. I love his swing. I am praying this injury doesn't affect him long term but if the Sox are smart they will shut him down for the rest of the season even if by some miracle the team makes the playoffs. There was really no avoiding that fastball but he did turn into the pitch which is a big no-no, just ask Tony C. It was his throwing hand so I hope it's not badly broken.

Guys were already doomed when Bobby V was made the Manager
Yep. Pretty much. I don't seem to mind Bobby V as much as most Sox fans, and I don't think he should be getting as much blame as he is but he is the scapegoat....Here in Beantown someone always has to take the blame!

Wonder if it's too late to get Youk back.
Well we did get Pods back! :lol:

Not really since he has not done to much in the past few weeks for the Whitesox :lol:
Yeah, I'd rather take my chances with Valencia...at least he can stay healthy. I wish we had a decent 3B prospect in the minors but there are none that I am aware of.

wolfmanalfredo

Aug 7, 2008
Minnesota
I hope valencia can make an impact with you guys, because he was beyond struggling with is in Minnesota. Punto will get the job done defensively, but there is much to be desired offensively

scotty216brs

Apr 15, 2012
MA
I hope valencia can make an impact with you guys, because he was beyond struggling with is in Minnesota. Punto will get the job done defensively, but there is much to be desired offensively
Yeah a change of scenery might do Valencia some good. I know he has potential with the bat, so that's a good thing.

Punto was not signed by the Sox for his bat, but for his versatility and defense. His defense has been well above average so far so I can't complain.

Members online