Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Have you met your favorite player?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RogerMarisCollector61

Jan 26, 2010
Curious to see how many of you have met your favorite player? Also curious where and how it went?

I've never met Chase Utley or Ryan Howard who are my 2 favorite players but I met Cole Hamels who is my 3rd favorite player back in 2006 he was signing at some bank it was really cool.

jmc280zx

Aug 11, 2008
SoCal
Met my Favorite retired player (Dave Winfield) a few years ago at a little league ball field that his kid was playing at here in SoCal. A buddy of mine that used to own a card shop was set up at the little league park and text me "you need to get over here right now... Your never gonna believe who is here".. Long story short I met him and got this...

Winfield_Bat.jpg

cgilmo

Administrator
Aug 6, 2008
Alpharetta, Georgia, United States
I have met Jason Heyward. And not in the hey, please sign my baseball way.

One of my favorite times at the FCB National was Jason Heyward, John Smoltz, and Hunter Morris talking baseball while I listened like a star struck little kid.

That is one of the things I am most thankful of this board for. I have gotten to do some pretty cool stuff because this site exists.

cubfanbudman

Apr 16, 2012
Met Dunston and Andre Dawson at a baseball card store in Orland Park in the late 80s was in heaven as a kid meeting my 2 favorites

RITM

Aug 25, 2008
Had the pleasure of meeting Cal Ripken, Jr., and Peyton Manning. Both meetings were great.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Smoked a cig with Mark Grace. Sitting outside the hotel waiting to get my jersey signed and he asked if he could bum a cig from me. As we had a smoke chatting it up Bob Brenly came over and asked Grace if he could bum a smoke, he pointed to me so I bummed Brenly a smoke also. In the end I got my jersey signed.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I actually had to call Robin Yount "sir" when I met him in the tunnels because I was there in a professional capacity; had I just been "at the game", I would have run up to him like I was 12 years old again.

gt5717b

Jun 6, 2012
Alpharetta, GA
When I was a little kid, my favorite players were Glenn Hubbard and Dale Murphy. I don't remember meeting Murphy but I did meet Hubbard at a bowling alley and he autographed a card for me.

In high school, I got to interview Braves players before a game, so I met Chipper Jones. We got photos too which was a great souvenir.

My dad and I were also lucky enough to meet Mickey Mantle who is his all time favorite player (see sig). I played in a golf scramble with him and my team won. Somewhere my parents have a ten dollar bill that he signed, "To Joey, Great round, you little jerk."

wickedliquids

Feb 4, 2010
Nope. I have two and both died many, many years ago. Ty Cobb and Joe Jackson.

Sent from my LG-LS696 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

David T.

Sep 4, 2008
Not my favorite player, but definitely right up there.
I got to meet Cal Ripken Jr. at a meet & greet/clinic a few years ago.

DSCF7679.jpg

Nicest guy you'll ever meet and a great representative of the game.

David

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
I was lucky enough to meet my two favorite players, Rod Carew and Jim Fregosi.

They were both great and those were two of the truly favorite moments in my life!

Me and Jim, ca. 1979.
andrewandjimfregosi.jpg

Me and Rod, ca. 1988
carewbook.jpg

Last edited: