Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The new COMC website - what do you think?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sabrgeek

Apr 10, 2010
Do you think COMCs should offer the service at a cost? Beckett would have an agreement with COMCs and people could have the service if paid for. I don't know if that'd work or if anyone would pay for it but would it be better than just removing it?[/QUOTET]

To answer your question, yes COMC should offer that service at a cost. Like I said, if I were trading cards in the million card giveaway --- it was no real secret that most of hte players used COMC to look up their cards values. Now, yes COMC should charge for that service since that is offered through their system. It is a legit cost of their buisness to license (sic) data from Beckett. Hey, I wish that information was still free BUT COMC is correct on that and that is the real reason when all is said and done as to why this needs to be a paid service. Otherwise, it's a work around the Beckett system and that is not fair to either COMC or Beckett.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Do you think COMCs should offer the service at a cost? Beckett would have an agreement with COMCs and people could have the service if paid for. I don't know if that'd work or if anyone would pay for it but would it be better than just removing it?[/QUOTET]

To answer your question, yes COMC should offer that service at a cost. Like I said, if I were trading cards in the million card giveaway --- it was no real secret that most of hte players used COMC to look up their cards values. Now, yes COMC should charge for that service since that is offered through their system. It is a legit cost of their buisness to license (sic) data from Beckett. Hey, I wish that information was still free BUT COMC is correct on that and that is the real reason when all is said and done as to why this needs to be a paid service. Otherwise, it's a work around the Beckett system and that is not fair to either COMC or Beckett.

If they would only publish their sales data, there would be no need for Beckett pricing.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
Why would anybody continue to buy a large amount of the more common cards from comc when many of the dealers on beckett marketplace have free shipping on orders of $50.00 or more no matter how many cards are ordered? 25 cents per card is just pure greed.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M920 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
Why would anybody continue to buy a large amount of the more common cards from comc when many of the dealers on beckett marketplace have free shipping on orders of $50.00 or more no matter how many cards are ordered? 25 cents per card is just pure greed.

It's always been 25 cents per card unless you ordered in bulk, when it was 15 cents per. You raise a vaild point though. However, that's not COMC's problem.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
I would disagree that it is greed. COMC is completely different than sellers on Beckett. For what COMC offers, they have never been that great for commons UNLESS you are very particular, in which case they are awesome. You get the giant scans of front and back. They are also different in many other ways including the fact that they have to have actual employees identify the cards and process them, actual employees pull the cards from their giant inventory, they have overhead, etc. They are just a completely different animal.

Yes, Burbank can make more sense than COMC. But, for me, it's pretty rare that I want to buy $50 of commons. I think I have only done that once in my life.

PadresFan86

Nov 11, 2011
California
It's always been 25 cents per card unless you ordered in bulk, when it was 15 cents per. You raise a vaild point though. However, that's not COMC's problem.

It will be their problem when customers take their business else where and they lose money. It doesn't cost 25 cents to ship an additional card. Give me a break.

AUTaxMan

Nov 25, 2009
Mobile, AL
It will be their problem when customers take their business else where and they lose money. It doesn't cost 25 cents to ship an additional card. Give me a break.

Again, they have always charged that and it hasn't hurt their business.

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX

This is true but it does cost $3 usually for a card on eBay, so to be able to accumulate verious cards on their site and ship in one single order, that is worth the money to me. I pick up little cards here and there because of this... otherwise, I pass on them on eBay because I'll need a $1 card or less and pay 3x that in shipping.

cwc2002

Dec 7, 2008
and how much is a toploader, $0.20?

I used to click "add toploader" to my cards but recently I"ve just been making shipment requests without using that option and in each case all of my cards (or at least the more expensive ones) have been toploaded.

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
If they would only publish their sales data, there would be no need for Beckett pricing.

If they did that, it would be a lot harder to flip cards on there. Because if someone could look up and see you only paid $5 for a card, it would be harder to ask $20, even if that is what the card is worth.

Sent from my PC36100 using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

Members online

Latest posts