Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Topps Heritage High-Numbers Boxed Set Preview (EDIT - Checklist Added)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Topps’ Heritage Update set to arrive Nov. 6

By Chris Olds | Beckett Baseball Editor

Pre-ordering for the ShopTopps.com-exclusive 2012 Topps Heritage High Number set has begun today, its originally announced date, but the sets will not begin shipping until Nov. 6, according to the company.

While a checklist was not yet released by Topps, the sets will cost $99.95 on the company’s website and one previously unannounced feature also will be found inside the sets.

There will be red-ink autographs limited to just 10 copies among the autographs that will be seeded one per set.

The set will include the players who missed the checklist for the early season release — Washington Nationals rookie Bryce Harper for starters. It also will include another of Ichiro Suzuki‘s first cards as a member of the New York Yankees.

Among the rookies slated to sign for the release include Harper, Oakland’s Yoenis Cespedes, Texas ace Yu Darvish and Boston’s Will Middlebrooks among others.

The release is the second online-only exclusive this year as it released 2012 Topps Mini — a shrunken version of its flagship set — in August.

http://www.beckett.com/news/2012/10/topps-heritage-update-set-to-arrive-nov-6/#more-52485

Last edited:

James52411

Administrator
May 22, 2010
Tallahassee, FL
If you could buy a box of Heritage for $100 and guaranteed yourself a full set and an autograph, you'd do it if you build that set every year.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
If you could buy a box of Heritage for $100 and guaranteed yourself a full set and an autograph, you'd do it if you build that set every year.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Sports Cards by Freedom Card Board.com

<<This

Heritage has a ton of set collectors and the autographs will do very well, especially of the big guys. If they released the print run and it's less than 1000 I think there will be a good amount of value. It would make these cards about as rare as the SPs. I pre ordered one set

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
With set collectors, player collectors, and autograph chasers I think there will be enough demand. $100 is steep but Heritage collectors will pay it.

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
$100 Holy #$%$^$%^$&. I really wanted to order one of these sets but I just can't see the value in them. That's like 75 cents a card and $25 bucks for some random auto. Man i hope I don't regret it it but I'm going to lay off and hope some singles or sets pop up on ebay a year or two from now for much cheaper.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Look how much heritage hobby boxes tanked. depending on how decent the autos are i bet the sets will go down on the secondary market. also many will pull the auto and sell the set for a reasonable price.

yrocks2001

Jan 24, 2011
Really depends on what they produce but the market will dictate the price and if you're just trying to build the set you should wait.

scottagibson

Aug 3, 2009
I would think that for a price like that, there would more than 100 cards for $100... like some inserts or chromes and refractors. An autograph is cool, but in my opinion, if it contains any players like Kyle Seager or Liam Hendriks it will be hard for them to sell them all at $100 per.

schmidtfan20

Aug 24, 2008
The autograph checklist is so hot that topps isn't releasing it. 100 dollars for 100 base cards plus one mystery autograph. How do you not buy them all
at that price? I bet shipping will be super cheap too like 20 dollars for the first set and 10 after that.

Can't wait.

Kevin

Members online