Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2012 Topps Heritage High-Numbers Boxed Set Preview (EDIT - Checklist Added)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
I had to bump this thread. I remember most people, myself included complaining about the $100 price tag on these sets and now the Harper base alone pays for at least six boxes/sets. It was funny reading back through these old posts knowing the cost of these now.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2012-Topps-...904556?hash=item46624cb36c:g:p-4AAOSw3ZRZAThF

Not to mention the other base singles do pretty well. and the set more than pays for itself even after removing the auto and harper base.

makes me wonder what the harper red auto [MENTION=2458]Erich[/MENTION] pulled would go for as you never see any of the harper autos pop up anymore or many of the autos from the set for that matter.

you cant help but kick yourself for not buying more of these back then. But who could have known?

I only ended up buying one box. I pulled a Brian Dozier auto.

Casebusters

Aug 14, 2008
Viera, Florida
here's what I had back then, also sold the 10 sets without autos for $100 back then
Heritagehighnumberboximage2.jpg
RED_HARPER.JPG
Img3371.JPG
RED_CEPEDES.JPG
red_huchison.jpg
RED_PERALTA.JPG

Attachments

• redbeckham.jpg
    redbeckham.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 9
  • redhague.jpg
    redhague.jpg
    181.4 KB · Views: 11
  • rednieuw.jpg
    rednieuw.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 13

MisterT

Mar 7, 2011
Virginia
Yeah...I pulled a red Nieuwenhuis auto and still have it. Might be the only card that would have been better to sell back then!

mmier118

Jan 29, 2010
I can't remember who I pulled for an auto, but I was happy when I could sell my base harper for enough to buy a 2012 five star harper auto. I mean seriously why would a base card be worth more than an auto from topps's best line. Doh! I guess you can't be right all the time. Good times, good times.

Glad I ordered 1 set, I remember thinking how dumb I was to waste $100 bucks on this but I thought maybe it could be like the 1984 fleer update set. It was, and I sold off the best card. I guess I did the same with my 1984 fleer update got 550 for the Clemens and puckett in the early 90's, felt bad about it for awhile when Clemens was winning World Series with the Yankees but looks like a great sale now. Does the rest of the set still sell well? Maybe I should list the rest of the set minus the harper, I remember it has a cool ichiro.

Last edited:

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
So funny to think that even with all the speculators out there a pretty recent set with a hyped "Rookie" kinda snuck under everyone's radar...

tribefan26

Jul 7, 2010
I remember debating whether to buy one and ultimately did cause I like heritage and needed this to keep a run going. I got a Tyler Pasternicky auto. Can't believe I was reluctant - I'd like to have a sealed set - there can't be many of those still remaining.

Members online