Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

========= SATURDAY MORNING THREAD =========

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbjints

Jul 19, 2011
Good morning. I am hoping Kelly starts Rees today and Cierre Wood gets the ball. These two should have been starting since game two when they ended their one game suspensions. Go Irish !!

FrostyCollects

Sep 28, 2011
Michigan
Still clicking on the "Add Friend" button as we speak... Facebook is taking over my mind & soul and that's not good. Not good at all.

No maildays for a while...how depressing.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
To bad, cause moose meat is awesome. Good luck on hooking up a bear next year. That's pretty tasty too though.

So who's the lady that came to visit? Hunter, or just a company keeper, lol.

The white/yellow labrador is named "Bianca". A friend came to visit and brought her along, she stayed with me because my friend stayed at another place that had 3 cuckoo cats. She does hunt a bit, doesn't run to far in front, and works side to side. Great retriever also.

Yes, I've had moose meat. Very good taste, similar to elk. We don't have a moose hunt here in the Upper Peninsula. But there has been some discussion.

Sept. 16, 2011
The Moose Hunting Advisory Council presented a report to the Michigan Natural Resources Commission Thursday in Sault Ste. Marie, recommending a limited moose hunting season in the western Upper Peninsula, the Department of Natural Resources said today.
Specific recommendations in the Moose Hunting Advisory Council's report include:
- A lottery application system, with no more than 10 bull moose licenses initially;
- Hunting only in the core moose area in the western Upper Peninsula, which includes portions of Marquette, Baraga and Iron counties;
- A hunting season could be held only in years following a moose population survey, currently every other year.

In 1985 and 1987, 59 moose were trans-located by the DNR from Algonquin Provincial Park in Ontario, Canada, to northwest Marquette County, with the long-term goal of a self-sustaining population of free ranging moose. A January 2011 survey indicated approximately 433 moose in Marquette, Baraga and northern Iron counties, and an estimated total of approximately 500 animals across the entire mainland Upper Peninsula.

http://www.michigan.gov/dnr/0,4570,7-153-10371_10402-262410--,00.html

I live in southern Iron County, prime moose habitat is about 25 -50 miles north of me.

AmishDave

Featured Contributor, Collector Showcase, Senior M
Sep 19, 2009
Ely, MN
Dan - No, nothing yet. Hopefully something comes rolling in today. Got a couple cards the last few days (Zych Contenders Auto SP and a Willingham '07 Ultimate Jersey Auto /10) but always like doing a ton of mail at one shot on vid, because I hate posting vids for the sake of getting more vids on there.

George - I've seen some of that A&G go low, so I don't know how much would be a good price. Like I said, I'm out of the running on that for a good while though, lol.

hoopster3977

Jun 22, 2010
Upper Peninsula
Just got a phone call, one of the guys from Kenosha stuck an 8pt buck this morning, and goofy me didn't out of the house. The guys are tracking right now, they found the arrow with blood. Now to find that buck. Since it's damp out right now, the blood trail is hard to follow. I'll be back later, got to help out. Also, a big breakfast is planned, biscuits and gravy and eggs.

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Good morning guys. Not much going on here today. I have to work on homework later today. A little reading needs to be done before I can type up my paper. I only have to do a 1 page summary and 2 page reaction to it. Other than that, everything else that I have for homework shouldn't be too bad

TBTwinsFan

Nov 8, 2009
Southwestern Minnesota
Morning guys.

Yesterday went great. Tour went great.

As I mentioned yesterday, I went to my first hockey game. Only fitting that it's the most decorated college hockey team (at least DI) ever. Of course, they lost in the third period when they barely put the puck past the goalie (and then they took the goalie out, and another goal was scored).

We sat center ice right behind the home team bench. It was cool being right there to see the players walk out of the tunnel and listen to the conversations. One of the players was the brother to a Gopher Baseball pitcher that I've seen play at the high school level before.

tramers

Aug 7, 2008
hickory nc
ugh , i did some outside work , checked fluids in four cars . Tomorrow going to Petty driving thing at Charlotte -- pay to ride -- NOT ME = son
Picture064.jpg

my son is over six foot tall now

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online