Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 2 of 599 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 8984

Thread: And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

  1. #16
    Senior Member wolfmanalfredo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Minnesota
    Posts
    8,546
     beanzy46
     andyscags
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

    Quote Originally Posted by hofautos
    I just recieved this....didn't realize I already had one (lol), so now i have two.


    Looks great, I've only got a base version:

    -Andy


    Always looking to add to my vintage pc's and set needs, let me know what you've got!

  2. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,789
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

    Here's a little Twins prospect love.





    My wife and I are getting out of the cold next week and heading to Florida. I'm hoping to get to a both Tigers and Twins camp.

    Alex

  3. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    96
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

    Anybody going down to Ft. Myers for Spring Training? Or to check out the prospects on the back fields starting in mid March?

    BTW: Red Sox @ Twins tomorrow night 6 CST on MLB Network and NESN...Wonder if the MLB Network feed will be blacked out in the Twin Cities. Last year I got the opener in crystal clear HD on NESN with the Directv Sports Pack....

    And Giants vs. Indians in AZ @ 2 CST on MLB Network. A little sneak peek at the chief rival for the AL Central title in 09...

  4. #19
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,999
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

    Quote Originally Posted by UMich92
    Here's a little Twins prospect love.

    My wife and I are getting out of the cold next week and heading to Florida. I'm hoping to get to a both Tigers and Twins camp.

    Alex
    If you've got an extra ball and run into Hicks...
    Signature removed by the mod staff.

  5. #20
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    1,514
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

    Quote Originally Posted by flightposite
    Quote Originally Posted by UMich92
    Here's a little Twins prospect love.

    My wife and I are getting out of the cold next week and heading to Florida. I'm hoping to get to a both Tigers and Twins camp.

    Alex
    If you've got an extra ball and run into Hicks...
    If you do you can grab an auto for one of those hearty souls who stood out in the cold at Twinsfest with you! Not a loser who believes he is too good for the rest of us. :P

    As per usual I don't have anything in coming at the moment. I did pick up a Harmon auto'd Perez Steele from Pinbreaker recently, haven't scanned it, though.

    Any insight into Juan Cruz possibilities Bo?

    Craig

  6. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    1,514
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

    Quote Originally Posted by matchpenalty
    What does the bullpen look like this season. I know Neshek is out for the season. How does it breakdown after Nathan. Also, is rotation pretty mush set with Lirano, Baker, Blackburn, Perkins, Slowey set in stone.
    Rotation will be Baker-Liriano-Slowey-Perkins-Blackburn according to Rick Anderson.

    As for the bullpen, we are currently looking at Guerrier, Crain, Ayala, and long man from the right side (Boof? Humber? Jones? Other?), and Breslow and Mijares from the left. If Gardy decides to go with 11 pitchers there won't be a spot for a long man. They are also investigating picking up Juan Cruz, but all reports I've heard say that may be a tough road to hoe with needing to agree to a contract and a trade with AZ. If Cruz is added, I would guess that Ayala is out of luck (it is my understanding that his contract is a minor league one, could be wrong though).

    I expect the bullpen to be better than last year, but probably not as good as years prior. At the beginning of last season the young starters were being protected and Crain was being proteted as well. This caused Guerrier to be seriously over worked and he tired down the stretch. That shouldn't be an issue this year with the starters all having a full year under their belts and Crain not being restricted any more. Additionally, Mijares is a step up from Reyes in that he will get more than one out per appearance. If we are able to add Cruz, the pen will be good.

    Craig

  7. #22
    Senior Member pghbuccos's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    PixBurgh
    Posts
    20,965
     pghbuccos
     pghreid
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

    I have this incoming for my Slowey collection...



    looking forward to Kevin having another solid season for the Twins.

  8. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Posts
    1,789
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

    Quote Originally Posted by Craig - 21hawk
    Quote Originally Posted by flightposite
    Quote Originally Posted by UMich92
    Here's a little Twins prospect love.

    My wife and I are getting out of the cold next week and heading to Florida. I'm hoping to get to a both Tigers and Twins camp.

    Alex
    If you've got an extra ball and run into Hicks...
    If you do you can grab an auto for one of those hearty souls who stood out in the cold at Twinsfest with you! Not a loser who believes he is too good for the rest of us. :P

    As per usual I don't have anything in coming at the moment. I did pick up a Harmon auto'd Perez Steele from Pinbreaker recently, haven't scanned it, though.

    Any insight into Juan Cruz possibilities Bo?

    Craig
    That's funny. We'll be down there March 5 - March 9 and I haven't looked up the Twins minor leagues reporting dates. Will they have reported by then?

    Alex

  9. #24
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Grand Forks, ND
    Posts
    874
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

    A couple recent Twins pickups. The Mauer rookie is the HTA version. I'll have a pile of Twins cards arriving back from the slab shop as early as this weekend.



    Any statement of opinion in the above post is mine only and may not reflect that of my employer or coworkers.

  10. #25
    Senior Member matchpenalty's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    North East
    Posts
    6,914
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

    I'm little worried about how the pen is going to be, minus Nathan. With no Neshek and Reyes was solid against the lefties. Isn't Boof out for awhile now. Although he didn't do much, mostly a mop up guy. Will be interesting to see if Humber now makes the pen.
    Outfield rotation will be another thing to watch. I wish they had more pop out there. Will see if Span can have a solid full season. Go Go needs to be more consistent. I assume he will start out as the lead off guy. Delmon will be Delmon. Going to have to squeeze in Cuddy some. I can see him doing some DH. Too bad he got overpaid, no chance I see them moving him, unless he gets hot and is healthy.
    Rotation should be solid. I look for Blackburn to move up as the top righty. Still sucks that Twins couldn't even score a freakin run in the play in game for him. Blackburn showed that he can be a big game pitcher with that performance in Chicago.

  11. #26
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    1,514
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

    I know I'm in the minority and that it won't happen, but based on current playing level I want it to be Gomez that gets squeezed (and I'm one of the few that liked the Santana deal from day one, so I'm not a Gomez hater). Span showed last year that he is better in the leadoff spot at this moment, and I want the right handed bats of Young and Cuddy in the lineup more often than not.

    I believe a lineup of Span-Casilla-Mauer-Morneau-Cuddy-Kubel-Young-Crede-Punto is the Twins best lineup.

    Craig

  12. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    St. Paul, MN
    Posts
    1,514
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

    Boof is now out for the season with a torn rotator cuff AND torn labrum. How do 2 MRIs miss that!?!

    Link

    Craig

  13. #28
    Senior Member Greg Cleveland's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
    Posts
    4,560
     jagr3boys
    Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

    Yikes! Well, that will open a door or two, and maybe make a couple of decisions easier. Maybe.
    Collecting Gary and Joe Gaetti, Ozzie Smith, Kenny Boyer, Albert Pujols, Kirby Puckett, Joe Mauer,and Brian Dinkleman. PM me if you have something you don't need that I might!

    And if you want to friend me on Facebook, please let me know your online handle, since I may not know your real name!



  14. #29
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,999
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

    Quote Originally Posted by UMich92
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig - 21hawk
    Quote Originally Posted by flightposite
    Quote Originally Posted by UMich92
    Here's a little Twins prospect love.

    My wife and I are getting out of the cold next week and heading to Florida. I'm hoping to get to a both Tigers and Twins camp.

    Alex
    If you've got an extra ball and run into Hicks...
    If you do you can grab an auto for one of those hearty souls who stood out in the cold at Twinsfest with you! Not a loser who believes he is too good for the rest of us. :P

    As per usual I don't have anything in coming at the moment. I did pick up a Harmon auto'd Perez Steele from Pinbreaker recently, haven't scanned it, though.

    Any insight into Juan Cruz possibilities Bo?

    Craig
    That's funny. We'll be down there March 5 - March 9 and I haven't looked up the Twins minor leagues reporting dates. Will they have reported by then?

    Alex
    Minor Leaguers report the 12th.
    Signature removed by the mod staff.

  15. #30
    Senior Member daveyou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    6,522
     davemhyou
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Re: And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

    he's my current favorite twin after watching some espn highlights, wow....kid could play defense and although he didn't play the whole season last year, give him 600+ at bats and i see 100+ runs, 175+ hits, 295+ avg, 85+ rbi's 40+ doubles, etc. imo. kid looks special



    gold baby!

    and my favorite twins pc item



    dave

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •