Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
matchpenalty said:
What does the bullpen look like this season. I know Neshek is out for the season. How does it breakdown after Nathan. Also, is rotation pretty mush set with Lirano, Baker, Blackburn, Perkins, Slowey set in stone.

Rotation will be Baker-Liriano-Slowey-Perkins-Blackburn according to Rick Anderson.

As for the bullpen, we are currently looking at Guerrier, Crain, Ayala, and long man from the right side (Boof? Humber? Jones? Other?), and Breslow and Mijares from the left. If Gardy decides to go with 11 pitchers there won't be a spot for a long man. They are also investigating picking up Juan Cruz, but all reports I've heard say that may be a tough road to hoe with needing to agree to a contract and a trade with AZ. If Cruz is added, I would guess that Ayala is out of luck (it is my understanding that his contract is a minor league one, could be wrong though).

I expect the bullpen to be better than last year, but probably not as good as years prior. At the beginning of last season the young starters were being protected and Crain was being proteted as well. This caused Guerrier to be seriously over worked and he tired down the stretch. That shouldn't be an issue this year with the starters all having a full year under their belts and Crain not being restricted any more. Additionally, Mijares is a step up from Reyes in that he will get more than one out per appearance. If we are able to add Cruz, the pen will be good.

Craig

pghbuccos

Aug 7, 2008
PixBurgh
I have this incoming for my Slowey collection...

slowey.jpg

looking forward to Kevin having another solid season for the Twins.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Craig - 21hawk said:
flightposite said:
UMich92 said:
Here's a little Twins prospect love.

My wife and I are getting out of the cold next week and heading to Florida. I'm hoping to get to a both Tigers and Twins camp.

Alex

If you've got an extra ball and run into Hicks... ;)

If you do you can grab an auto for one of those hearty souls who stood out in the cold at Twinsfest with you! Not a loser who believes he is too good for the rest of us. :p

As per usual I don't have anything in coming at the moment. I did pick up a Harmon auto'd Perez Steele from Pinbreaker recently, haven't scanned it, though.

Any insight into Juan Cruz possibilities Bo?

Craig

That's funny. We'll be down there March 5 - March 9 and I haven't looked up the Twins minor leagues reporting dates. Will they have reported by then?

Alex

f2tornado

Aug 14, 2008
Grand Forks, ND
A couple recent Twins pickups. The Mauer rookie is the HTA version. I'll have a pile of Twins cards arriving back from the slab shop as early as this weekend.

Mauer5322.jpg

TwinsPF.jpg

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
I'm little worried about how the pen is going to be, minus Nathan. With no Neshek and Reyes was solid against the lefties. Isn't Boof out for awhile now. Although he didn't do much, mostly a mop up guy. Will be interesting to see if Humber now makes the pen.
Outfield rotation will be another thing to watch. I wish they had more pop out there. Will see if Span can have a solid full season. Go Go needs to be more consistent. I assume he will start out as the lead off guy. Delmon will be Delmon. Going to have to squeeze in Cuddy some. I can see him doing some DH. Too bad he got overpaid, no chance I see them moving him, unless he gets hot and is healthy.
Rotation should be solid. I look for Blackburn to move up as the top righty. Still sucks that Twins couldn't even score a freakin run in the play in game for him. Blackburn showed that he can be a big game pitcher with that performance in Chicago.

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
I know I'm in the minority and that it won't happen, but based on current playing level I want it to be Gomez that gets squeezed (and I'm one of the few that liked the Santana deal from day one, so I'm not a Gomez hater). Span showed last year that he is better in the leadoff spot at this moment, and I want the right handed bats of Young and Cuddy in the lineup more often than not.

I believe a lineup of Span-Casilla-Mauer-Morneau-Cuddy-Kubel-Young-Crede-Punto is the Twins best lineup.

Craig

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
UMich92 said:
Craig - 21hawk said:
flightposite said:
UMich92 said:

My wife and I are getting out of the cold next week and heading to Florida. I'm hoping to get to a both Tigers and Twins camp.

Alex

If you do you can grab an auto for one of those hearty souls who stood out in the cold at Twinsfest with you! Not a loser who believes he is too good for the rest of us. :p

As per usual I don't have anything in coming at the moment. I did pick up a Harmon auto'd Perez Steele from Pinbreaker recently, haven't scanned it, though.

Craig

That's funny. We'll be down there March 5 - March 9 and I haven't looked up the Twins minor leagues reporting dates. Will they have reported by then?

Alex

Minor Leaguers report the 12th.

daveyou

Aug 7, 2008
Queens, NY
he's my current favorite twin after watching some espn highlights, wow....kid could play defense and although he didn't play the whole season last year, give him 600+ at bats and i see 100+ runs, 175+ hits, 295+ avg, 85+ rbi's 40+ doubles, etc. imo. kid looks special

IMG_0005.jpg

gold baby!

and my favorite twins pc item :mrgreen:

DSC00837.jpg

dave

Craig - 21hawk

Aug 7, 2008
St. Paul, MN
Greg Cleveland said:
Yikes! Well, that will open a door or two, and maybe make a couple of decisions easier. Maybe.

It certainly made Phil Humber's day brighter. I can't picture the Twins risking sending him down and losing him via waivers now that they can protect both him and Boof.

Craig

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
flightposite said:
UMich92 said:
Craig - 21hawk said:
flightposite said:
UMich92 said:

Alex

Craig

Alex

Minor Leaguers report the 12th.

Thanks Bo. I'm guessing the odds are slim/none, but any chance of Hicks (or others) reporting early?

Alex

RandomH

Craig - 21hawk said:
[quote="Greg Cleveland":2dcvd3l7]Yikes! Well, that will open a door or two, and maybe make a couple of decisions easier. Maybe.

It certainly made Phil Humber's day brighter. I can't picture the Twins risking sending him down and losing him via waivers now that they can protect both him and Boof.

Craig[/quote:2dcvd3l7]
You sig always has a pic of a CD from a band I lol.

Members online