Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

And Twins! (The Twins talk and pick-up thread).

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

David K.

Aug 26, 2008
Fresno, CA
Back in first place!! 23 and 9 on the road! Best regards, David PS proud to wear my Twin cap around San Francisco on June 9, 10 and 11......Saw them win on June 10!!

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
I realized my kid was a year old the last time the Twins made the playoffs. Kind of got spoiled with the regularity of it in the 2000's.

Bought some ALDS tickets today, hope to have reason to use them!

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
I realized my kid was a year old the last time the Twins made the playoffs. Kind of got spoiled with the regularity of it in the 2000's.

Bought some ALDS tickets today, hope to have reason to use them!

My dad bought some as well. Now comes the tough part, seeing if I can take a few days off during harvest here at work so I can go to the games. I'll even throw out there that I'd be willing to work late every night until I have to leave and work full days Saturday and Sunday. We try to rotate who works late and weekends during harvest, but if I'm able to make it work, I definitely want to be at the ALDS games

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Wow, been a quiet Winter, Twinsfans. Twinsfest and Winter Caravan are around the corner! And the NFL Experience/Super Bowl stuff going on around town! Anybody have plans for anything yet? Caravan comes to EC on Thursday the 18th. Eduardo Escobar, Alan Busenitz, and Dan Gladden. Meh. Maybe a smaller turnout and they will sign! Two years ago, we had Joe Mauer and Bert Blyleven, but they didn't stick around to sign.

Autograph groupings are out for Twinsfest now. https://www.mlb.com/twins/community/twinsfest/schedule Going on Saturday. Mauer and Lewis are paired on Friday and Saturday. Mauer and Morneau on Sunday.

Haven't looked at when to go to the NFL Experience. Missed out on being able to volunteer like I did for Fanfest in 2014. Janet and I went to the NFL Experience in 92 and it was a lot of fun. Back then there were 7 card companies (Topps, Upper Deck, Score/Pinnacle, Pacific, Action Packed, Wild Card, Fleer) giving out promos of stuff. And I still have all of them in the basement! Now, there's just Donruss/Panini. Hope they have something or someone signing. They always have other players, veteran and current players signing, too. Must be a list online somewhere.

So what are you doing for the next couple of weeks! :D

devin

Aug 7, 2008
Chatfield, Minnesota
Hope all is well with everyone! I had a caravan stop on tuesday here are the results minus a couple. Hopefully hitting up twinsfest on Sunday depending on the snow.
fc74801a1b77113d38279a6b0639b284.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
Over two years with no activity on this?!? Oh, that is not good, better fix it, so...

Recent additions to the Al Newman collection with his appearance (along with Gaetti, Laudner, Reardon) in 2020 Topps and this great moment from Twins history...

50234415796_eda3a13229_c.jpg

Oh, but Topps! Topps, Topps, Topps. (Shaking head in disbelief) Do your homework...and by homework, I mean, just go to the Twins Wikipedia page and see how many World Series titles there are in team history. It's not that hard to get it right. Not like we're talking Yankees or even Cardinals numbers of World Series championships.

50237763241_7f85fc8066_c.jpg

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010
Over two years with no activity on this?!? Oh, that is not good, better fix it, so...

Recent additions to the Al Newman collection with his appearance (along with Gaetti, Laudner, Reardon) in 2020 Topps and this great moment from Twins history...

50234415796_eda3a13229_c.jpg

Oh, but Topps! Topps, Topps, Topps. (Shaking head in disbelief) Do your homework...and by homework, I mean, just go to the Twins Wikipedia page and see how many World Series titles there are in team history. It's not that hard to get it right. Not like we're talking Yankees or even Cardinals numbers of World Series championships.

50237763241_7f85fc8066_c.jpg

I honestly hadn't seen this card until now, but that's kinda funny haha. This thread used to be the place to go for Twins fans. I really need to sell off some of my Twins memorabilia to fund my recent purchase of the HOF bobblehead set lol

clarkzac

Oct 31, 2010

Greg Cleveland

Aug 9, 2008
Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Well Greg, I'd be doing better if I could get some people to buy some of my Twins memorabilia haha. Have so many extras I need to move right now its crazy. Also need to recoup some of the $499 I spent on the HOF bobblehead set lol. Hope things are going well for you!

Sent from my SM-N970U using Freedom Card Board mobile app

Splitting up the set? I'd be interested in the Gaetti. ;)

MatthewN

Sep 30, 2015
Coralville, IA
Another Al Newman pick up, these weird papery 1992 Donruss proofs. Note the lack of 1991 stats. Actually, Newman might have preferred that his 1992 Donruss card not show his 1991 stats. Although it was good to have him as one of seven (Puckett, Gladden, Gagne, Newman, Bush, Larkin, Hrbek) members of both the 1987 and 1991 World Series championship teams, Newman hit just .191 in 118 games in 1991.

50278717637_e284ebf2e3_c.jpg

50278559841_7e96d047fe_c.jpg

Members online

Latest posts