Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

2002 Chicago National & 2003 Atlantic City National (thread to help player collectors)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Like so many other super low print run cards, you almost always have to strike when they are brand new and the most you'll ever see are changing hands on eBay.

Every once in a while, you'll see an older low print run card put up on eBay out of the blue. I suspect most get dropped into collections, only to resurface after a long stay in those collections (deaths, ending collections, etc).

It's never a good idea to pass up something like this when they are new, thinking you'll see a better deal, that is for sure.

onionring9

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Like so many other super low print run cards, you almost always have to strike when they are brand new and the most you'll ever see are changing hands on eBay.

Every once in a while, you'll see an older low print run card put up on eBay out of the blue. I suspect most get dropped into collections, only to resurface after a long stay in those collections (deaths, ending collections, etc).

It's never a good idea to pass up something like this when they are new, thinking you'll see a better deal, that is for sure.

Thats been my philosophy for all non auto'd cards. Auto cards resurface constantly. If I ever have to, I always prioritize a non auto /5 over an auto /5. My only exception is dual player cards since they introduce more PCs.

theplasticman

Nov 21, 2008
Thats been my philosophy for all non auto'd cards. Auto cards resurface constantly. If I ever have to, I always prioritize a non auto /5 over an auto /5. My only exception is dual player cards since they introduce more PCs.

Exactly how I feel as well. It's probably a bit different for collectors of more popular players. I'm struggling to find ANYTHING new for Erstad.

RustyGreerFan

Jun 10, 2010
Gastonia, NC
Just found this topic...

I remember when Beckett listed these in their checklists I was kinda disgusted as a Rusty Greer collector. How was I going to find them? How was I going to afford them? It made it easier to move away from the hobby for my ten-year hiatus. To me, they are a completely different category and doesn't it really open up Pandora's Box as to what should be in the official checklist of a player?

Flash forward to today and there just doesn't seem to be a market for them despite being on the Beckett checklist and despite them being serial numbered out of five. About a month ago I got the Griffey 2002 Studio at ebay auction for $25. That's right - a Griffey on the Beckett checklist serial numbered out of five and it sells for just $25. Sure, the title could have used some work, but I think that is very telling of the general consensus on these cards. I don't see them ever moving up the pecking order unless there is some unexpected major awareness campaign.

gracecollector

Aug 7, 2008
Lake in the Hills, IL
Since last time I posted, I've added some 2003 Chicago Collections:

03DONRUSSCHICAGO.jpg
03DONRUSSDKCHICAGO.jpg
03DONRUSSTHCHICAGO.jpg

03LEAFCHICAGO.jpg
03LEAFPTTCHICAGO.jpg

banjar

Mar 22, 2015
Lafayette, Colorado
Yesterday I found the 2003 Donruss Rookie & Traded Atlantic City /5 just sitting on "those back pages" of COMC, at a very decent price, so snagged it as quickly as I could.

But this brings me to a question - I have seen some of the 2003 Season Stat Line Atlantic City 1/1 parallels in collections and for sale. Does anyone know how these shake out?

- Were they just available at the Atlantic City show?
- Were they all 1/1's?
- Did they stamp only the Season Stat Line, or did they do the Career Stat Line as well?

Inquiring minds want to know.

Members online