Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Official Bobby Doerr collector's thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bstanwood

Sep 24, 2016
Mystic, CT
At the Red Sox home opener today they did a nice tribute to the many people who had been associated with the team in anyway who had passed away since the end of the 2017 season. Then they did a separate tribute and moment of silence for Bobby Doerr. I couldn't get a great picture but they put a flower wreath around his number on the facad of the right field deck. It was all very well done.IMG_20180405_223450.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
At the Red Sox home opener today they did a nice tribute to the many people who had been associated with the team in anyway who had passed away since the end of the 2017 season. Then they did a separate tribute and moment of silence for Bobby Doerr. I couldn't get a great picture but they put a flower wreath around his number on the facad of the right field deck. It was all very well done.View attachment 78884

Sent from my [device_name] using Freedom Card Board mobile app

That's awesome, glad they did that. Thanks for posting.

walt_altmen

Aug 1, 2019
38doerr2.5psadna.jpg

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Time to bring this thread back with two big pickups

2005 Leaf Certified Materials Jersey Number Pants #1/1

View attachment 96989
View attachment 96990

&

2018 Topps Dynasty Cut Signature #1/1

View attachment 96991
View attachment 96992

Thanks for looking- more to come!

Thanks, Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Nice pickups Jeff, glad to see you bringing this thread back. Sadly I don't have much to add, this was my last Doerr pickup back in December. There just hasn't been much out there that I need or really wanted. :(

Scan_20191202 (3).jpg

Biggies

Dec 16, 2020
Not many new pickups the last few weeks but sometimes it's quality over quantity!

Gypsy Queen Wood #/5
View attachment 43193

Not sure exactly what this is?? Postcard type material but nothing on the back to indicate year or issuer-any help would be appreciated!
View attachment 43194
View attachment 43195

And who says Panini stuff isn't great just because it doesn't have logos?! As long as they keep producing stuff like this they will be successful

Prime Cuts Significant Signatures #/25
View attachment 43196

Prime Cuts Retired Numbers #/25
View attachment 43197

This beauty....
2012 National Treasures Legends Book #/5
View attachment 43198

And then the crown jewel of the last few weeks..
2012 National Treasures Button #3 /5
View attachment 43199

This is the same exact card that went for $307 a month ago-buyer decided to flip it I guess and did make a profit as I got it for $355-tough bullet to bite but I'm thrilled to add one for my collection for under $400!

Thanks for looking-until next time!
-Jeff

Hi, Sorry to bother you but I wonder, did youever ID the post card like exhibit from this post? Thanks, Bob

mrmopar

Jan 19, 2010
Was anyone in touch with his family and close enough to ask or already know what will become of his collection?

This is a reality that many of us may face someday. Some people plan to pass things down to their family members, some plan to sell it off before they die and most of us are probably still somewhere in the middle, trying to figure it out hoping we still have plenty of time. An unexpected passing before a collection is "properly dealt with" can really add a burden to a grieving family.

Aug 7, 2008
Tampa, FL
Was anyone in touch with his family and close enough to ask or already know what will become of his collection?

Yes, he consigned his collection to one of his local hobby shops in San Diego a few months before he moved back to NH for his final few months surrounded by family. Been assured by the shop owner that all the proceeds go directly back to help his wife and his son.

Thanks,
Jeff

Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

Members online