Please don't adblock plus me bro

User Tag List

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910
Results 136 to 149 of 149

Thread: Official Bobby Doerr collector's thread

  1. #136
    Member Doerrcollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    728
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty216brs View Post
    Looks like James won a couple of them. I was watching them but held off bidding because I'm waiting on a couple nice auctions this week. That was a nice set, makes me miss DLP yet again...
    I hope he did! Always hope that one of you two get it if I can't! And I agree Scotty-2005 Absolute is probably my favorite all time modern set.

    Thanks,
    Jeff


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

  2. #137
    Senior Member rebelpawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Jolla. CA
    Posts
    2,418
     rebelpawn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doerrcollector View Post
    I hope he did! Always hope that one of you two get it if I can't! And I agree Scotty-2005 Absolute is probably my favorite all time modern set.

    Thanks,
    Jeff


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    Yup I got the two I was going after!

  3. #138
    Member mrmopar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,097
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to send to him one more time, but am apprehensive. I always fear a loss of items and that kept me from ever sending Duke Snider his RC to sign. I have a 51T Blue Back and a 50 Drake that I want to send, as well as a 79 Bubble Yum Blue Jay photo. I'd add a 38 Goudey too, if I could find a nice clean copy that wasn't going to break the bank.

    Has anyone heard how he is doing health wise and what his most recent TTMs look like?

  4. #139
    Senior Member scotty216brs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    3,304
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
    I want to send to him one more time, but am apprehensive. I always fear a loss of items and that kept me from ever sending Duke Snider his RC to sign. I have a 51T Blue Back and a 50 Drake that I want to send, as well as a 79 Bubble Yum Blue Jay photo. I'd add a 38 Goudey too, if I could find a nice clean copy that wasn't going to break the bank.

    Has anyone heard how he is doing health wise and what his most recent TTMs look like?
    His recent autos are rough looking compared to how he used to sign....I'd imagine he still signs TTM, but it's not going to look that great IMO.
    Boston Red Sox 2013 World Champions! #BostonStrong

    -Thanks to JBel4331 for the sig

  5. #140
    Senior Member rebelpawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Jolla. CA
    Posts
    2,418
     rebelpawn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't usually do the whole rainbow thing but I've been looking for the 2011 Tribute Doerr Dual Relic Gold #/20 since 2011.
    I had never seen one until last week and it came in the other day and I finally finished the set


    #1/1 Red


    #2/5 Black


    #12/20 Gold


    #17/75 Green


    #31 /99

    Small set but feels good to finally finish it.
    Last edited by rebelpawn; 03-24-2017 at 11:50 PM.

  6. #141
    Member Doerrcollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    728
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
    I want to send to him one more time, but am apprehensive. I always fear a loss of items and that kept me from ever sending Duke Snider his RC to sign. I have a 51T Blue Back and a 50 Drake that I want to send, as well as a 79 Bubble Yum Blue Jay photo. I'd add a 38 Goudey too, if I could find a nice clean copy that wasn't going to break the bank.

    Has anyone heard how he is doing health wise and what his most recent TTMs look like?
    Sorry to say I would not recommend it at this point. His signature has fallen drastically and I'm not even sure it's him signing anymore from what I've seen. I bought out a collector a year ago who lives in the same town as him and had some IPs signed by him and the drastic fall in his sig was sad to see. If I have a chance this weekend I try to post pics of the difference, but it can be seen pretty clearly as well on new Panini stuff compared to 2005-2007 stuff.

    Thanks,
    Jeff


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

  7. #142
    Member Doerrcollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    728
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelpawn View Post
    I don't usually do the whole rainbow thing but I've been looking for the 2011 Tribute Doerr Dual Relic Gold #/20 since 2011.
    I had never seen one until last week and it came in the other day and I finally finished the set


    #1/1 Red


    #2/5 Black


    #12/20 Gold


    #17/75 Green


    #31 /99

    Small set but feels good to finally finish it.
    Wohoo love card rainbows James! Congrats! Love that feeling of completing it!

    Thanks,
    Jeff


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

  8. #143
    Member Doerrcollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    728
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple of cool pickups the last few weeks for the Doerr collection-been focusing on a few side collections that I will post about in a bit (surprise for now) but landed these as well...

    2016 Panini National Treasures Auto/Bat #/10


    2015 Panini Cooperstown Crown Royale Gold #/10 -LOVE THIS DIECUT AND THE SET! Only need the Black 1/1 to complete the rainbow


    1970s (??) Toronto Blue Jays JD McCarthy Postcards
    Not sure of the exact dates on these, but the are the only JD McCarthy's of Doerr I have ever seen in a Blue Jays uni. JD was one of the all time best.




    2013 Topps Gypsy Queen Hometown Currency #/5
    Awesome card and the only one I have ever seen-was wondering if they existed at all until I saw this. This card is super THICK.



    Just a few for now. Other player is taking up more of my time/resources as he is getting live cards again

    Thanks,
    Jeff


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

  9. #144
    Member Doerrcollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    728
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelpawn View Post
    Yup I got the two I was going after!
    James,

    Did you get these cards yet? eBay is saying seller hasn't even shipped my yet and we love the same city...

    Thanks,
    Jeff


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

  10. #145
    Senior Member rebelpawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    La Jolla. CA
    Posts
    2,418
     rebelpawn
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doerrcollector View Post
    James,

    Did you get these cards yet? eBay is saying seller hasn't even shipped my yet and we love the same city...

    Thanks,
    Jeff


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    Hey Jeff, yes got mine several days ago. Arrived here in Cali very quickly actually. Kinda strange you didn't get yours yet....

  11. #146
    Member Doerrcollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    728
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rebelpawn View Post
    Hey Jeff, yes got mine several days ago. Arrived here in Cali very quickly actually. Kinda strange you didn't get yours yet....
    Huh. Well that's not a positive sign lol...

    Hope all is well buddy.

    Thanks,
    Jeff


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

  12. #147
    Member Doerrcollector's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Tampa, FL
    Posts
    728
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mail day brought two big ones this week

    2012 National Treasures Dual Jersey Prime Eddie Stanky/Bobby Doerr #/5



    The 2012s are popping up less and less so had to nab this one as it completes the Doerr run for the 2012 NT, which had no 1/1s that year but had 3 booklets! Will try to show off the entire run one day soon.

    But that wasn't even the biggest pickup of the week as luck would have it!

    2002 Donruss Classics Dual Jersey Ted Williams/Bobby Doerr No serial #


    This one is a mystery kinda. The seller says she thinks it was a promo, but I'm pretty sure it was a in-house replacement for Donruss and the seller is either an employee or bought a collection from a former employee as the seller has a ton of No serial # 2002-2004 Donruss cards up for sale and lives in Texas, where Donruss was HQ'ed. The card is suppose to be #/15, but I'll gladly take this one as my first Williams/Doerr jersey especially with the pictures of the jerseys on the back. Can't complain about the price I got it for either as the seller was definitely in a selling mood.

    Hope everyone else is doing well!

    Thanks,
    Jeff


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board

  13. #148
    Senior Member scotty216brs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    3,304
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doerrcollector View Post
    Mail day brought two big ones this week

    2012 National Treasures Dual Jersey Prime Eddie Stanky/Bobby Doerr #/5



    The 2012s are popping up less and less so had to nab this one as it completes the Doerr run for the 2012 NT, which had no 1/1s that year but had 3 booklets! Will try to show off the entire run one day soon.

    But that wasn't even the biggest pickup of the week as luck would have it!

    2002 Donruss Classics Dual Jersey Ted Williams/Bobby Doerr No serial #


    This one is a mystery kinda. The seller says she thinks it was a promo, but I'm pretty sure it was a in-house replacement for Donruss and the seller is either an employee or bought a collection from a former employee as the seller has a ton of No serial # 2002-2004 Donruss cards up for sale and lives in Texas, where Donruss was HQ'ed. The card is suppose to be #/15, but I'll gladly take this one as my first Williams/Doerr jersey especially with the pictures of the jerseys on the back. Can't complain about the price I got it for either as the seller was definitely in a selling mood.

    Hope everyone else is doing well!

    Thanks,
    Jeff


    Sent from my iPhone using Freedom Card Board
    EVERY CARD COMPANY THAT PRODUCES GU CARDS SHOULD DO THIS!!! It's why I LOVE early/mid 2000's DLP so much. Haven't bought any wax in 10+ years...really tough to find any DLP products I used to break.


    Love the new additions as always, Jeff!! Nothing beats a Williams/Doerr......not even a Stanky/Doerr. Hope all is well!
    Boston Red Sox 2013 World Champions! #BostonStrong

    -Thanks to JBel4331 for the sig

  14. #149
    Member mrmopar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,097
    Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Why not, shared this in the vintage pick up section, but here is where it truly belongs:

    http://1978theyearitallbegan.blogspo...autograph.html

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •