Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

My First Baseball Game

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
PROJECT COMPLETED!
I purchased a Tom Cheney 2012 Leaf History of Baseball auto for my collection of players I saw in my first baseball game on 8/1/62, with the Yankees at the Senators for a double header. I need one more autograph, Dan O'Connell, to complete the list of players I have autos of from that game.
Tom Cheney is the only player to have 21 strikeouts in a game....of course he pitched 16 innings to earn it, also in 1962.
DANNY
TomCheneyauto.jpg

Last edited:

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
I've been looking for an O'Connell for over a year. One will turn up sometime. He died in 1969, so there aren't alot of sigs out there.
DANNY

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
Respect! That is a great project, and one that this particular Leaf product (History of Baseball) is perfect for. Good luck on O'Connell, but sometimes finishing a project like this is bittersweet.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Here is a copy of my box scores for the double-header. I've highlighted in orange as I got the autos.
DANNY
1962BoxScores.jpg

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
This is very very cool. I don't even remember the first game I went too as a kid but I guess I was lucky enough to go to many, so they have all blended together.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
PROJECT COMPLETED!
I found a nice Danny O'Connell on Ebay and went for it. I paid $85, but thought it was a nice clean autograph to complete autographs of players from my first baseball game(s) on 8/1/1962 (Doubleheader between the Senators & Yankees in DC)...almost 51 years later.
DANNY

MansGame

Sep 25, 2009
Dallas, TX
Congrats! Pretty cool project! I don't even remember the first game I attended lol

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
Congrats! Pretty cool project! I don't even remember the first game I attended lol

---
Looking for Albert Belle cards! PM me!

I had to do some research, as I had the program & ticket stubs from the game. The research was finding the box scores from the games to see exactly who played.
DANNY

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
So cool.

I have the stub from my first game somewhere in my childhood bedroom. Next time I'm down there, I will dig it out and go to retrosheet to see what a project like this would entail.

Probably wouldn't be too tough or pricey, as I know it was a phillies/cardinals game in 1982.

dano7

Aug 7, 2008
Roanoke, VA
So cool.

I have the stub from my first game somewhere in my childhood bedroom. Next time I'm down there, I will dig it out and go to retrosheet to see what a project like this would entail.

Probably wouldn't be too tough or pricey, as I know it was a phillies/cardinals game in 1982.
When you decide to start, please let us know. I'd like to follow your project.
DANNY

69MetsFan

Oct 20, 2008
Panama City, Florida
This is a great idea for a project that you can take your time to finish.
My first game was a Mets game in the summer of 1969 but I don't recall the exact date.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts