Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Huge new addition to my Kirby Puckett collection

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
I usually don't post a lot of my pick ups but I felt this deserved to be shown. Its a 1992 Fleer purple pre-production sample card. There were green and purple verisons of this card made but there are supposedly only 5 copies of the purple(100 green). I was fortunate to get this from a fellow Puckett collecting friend of my. If anyone knows where I can get a green I would love to know about it.

Untitled-1.jpg

Untitled-2.jpg

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Tried winning the last one on eBay... Failed. Great pick-up! What'd it cost if you don't mind? I'm sure there's more than 5 (don't know where people come up with these random pre-production numbers), but it is a rare one indeed. Rare enough for PSA to not grade it.

Last edited:

jszczech

Dec 27, 2010
Minnesota
Tried winning the last one on eBay... Failed. Great pick-up! What'd it cost if you don't mind? I'm sure there's more than 5 (don't know where people come up with these random pre-production numbers), but it is a rare one indeed. Rare enough for PSA to not grade it.

Yeah I tried for the one on ebay too but also missed out on it.

Yeah I don't know how accurate the 5 promos is but the person I got it from bought it directly from a former Fleer employee and that is what he was told. I know of 4 of these that are locked up in other big Puckett collections and then the one that sold on ebay.

clarkfan

Sep 15, 2009
Whatever the mintage is, it's definitely a real tough one to find. Right up there at the top of rarities for promos (1990 Aqueous Test, 1991 Score Promo, 1993 Cooperstown Promo, 1996 First Pitch Preview), maybe even slightly harder to find!! Huge congrats!!!

Members online