Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Best way to ship a huge collection?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
A year ago I purchased a very sizeable collection while visiting my parents in UT for the holidays. I took what I could home with me and its since been sold but you can't get much in checked luggage. I still have an absolute to of stuff just sitting at my parents' , most of which I've never even gone through. Well my parents want it out of there and I'd love to get it sent to me out in OH. Is there any way to do it without losing my shorts? I'm hoping I can do it for $300 or less but we're talking 30+ monster boxes, 50+ binders, some signed baseballs, a ton of painted collectors plates, and more. Hopefully someone has experience shipping this much volume.

1st4040

Aug 10, 2008
New Bedford, Ma.
pallet and use black shrink wrap and get quotes from private freight companies, UPS/FedEx or maybe even try the UShip website.

D-Lite

Nov 10, 2010
SF Peninsula
Tell me where it is and I'll pick it up for ya ;)

As others said, freight is easily the way to go. FedEx has a freight component, but I'd search around first.
I had a large pallet of shipping boxes and supplies sent from LA to SF and it was about $60. Of course that's within a state and a 6 hour drive, so you can expect more but not sure how much more since that much in cards is pretty freakin heavy.

Erich

Aug 26, 2008
Anywhere Delta goes.
As mentioned before put everything on a pallet and shrink wrap it. To give you a idea on cost, I was quoted $300.00 for a 200 pound pallet from Las Vegas to Atlanta.

mrwhitesox30

Oct 7, 2008
Check out Greyhound as well. You can ship large items from one Greyhound terminal to another, and then you have to go pick it up.

Members online

Latest posts