Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Sometimes you just have to overpay.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
93bowman.jpg

I grossly overpaid for this card, which is a first for me in all my years of collecting. This is the one card I just had to have. The seller kept listing it at $750 for months, when he finally came down to $275, I pounced. Still significantly above market value, but it will probably be my last purchase. I can't think that anything better than this can come along.

The 1993 Bowman is my favorite Mariano Rivera card, and this one features his "primitive" signature from the early 90s signed crisply in fine blue ink. Just too perfect to pass up. I truly feel that in the long run the 1993 Bowman will gain popularity since it is his first card in a Yankee uniform, it is already selling for around $5 raw.

Lars

Aug 25, 2008
A slabbed in-person / TTM auto card of Rivera on his second year Bowman card is worth $275?

GriffeyFan

Nov 28, 2011
Sometimes in order to get something you really want,you have to.Its obviously a PC item,So I feel your pain and joy,lol.

Nice card,and congrats on the pick-up!

383astro

Jan 13, 2009
Oklahoma
Ive grossly overpaid for a card many times, not a great feeling until you get it in hand and realize that since it for your pc it doesnt matter. What does matter is that it is now yours and nobody else can get it.

craftysouthpaw

Jan 8, 2010
There aren't many of these in existence with that early signature and there certainly won't be any more. Can't really put on a price on some things. Enjoy!

gradedeflator

Mar 31, 2011
Sweet card! in a few years you will forget what you paid and be happy that the card is in your PC...

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
GREAT PICKUP!

you love the card, thats all that matters. For those that say "well, you paid too much", you know what? you can always make more money, cant always buy what you want to own.

nevermore

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Thanks guys, I am ecstatic about this purchase!

I've been collecting Rivera for almost 10 years now, and this was the first signed 1993 Bowman card I've seen. I personally value his early signature a lot more, judging by the style I would say this was signed in the early 90s. It is definitely a PC item, so price didn't matter, plus I was able to offset the purchase with some sales during the Holiday season so it worked out.

Here is my other slabbed Bowman auto, the highest graded signed RC. This one was features a mid-90s autograph.

psa_a.jpg

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
I'd rather "overpay" for something like this than "steal" (at the time) my extensive Bobby Borchering prospect stash from a few years ago...

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
No one can force you to "over-pay" for something you want. If you wanted it, and paid the amount needed to acquire it, then you simply paid the price.

Great-looking item.

Members online

Latest posts